No announcement yet.

The end of Air Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee and to think I just got photos of two AC CRJ's arriving KORD this morning...it would be sad to see AC go away...
    Hopefully someone will be able to pull them out of the fire...
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

If AC goes, then I'll have to wait like an hour to see one plane here at YOW...
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I remember reading a few weeks ago about WestJet being asked by the Canadian gov't how quickly they could ramp up service in Eastern Canada if Air Canada were to go under. There is also speculation that some US carriers may be brought in on a temporary basis to replace some transboarder services if Air Canada were to fold. If AC does go under, look to see the foreign ownership rules for Canadian airlines to change, and perhaps then entry of Richard Branson into the Canadian airline industry (I think that if AC were to fold, Branson may alter the Virgin US/USA/American Airways into a North American carrier).

Comment

If AC does go under, there will be someone to buy the assets. There is money to be made with this airline, it just has to be run by the right people. I know this sounds cruel, but I hope AC liqidates, there is too much debt now. With the liquidation someone (peoples) could start from scratch and make a profit. Making this an sustainable airline once again.
          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Personally I'd like to see whoever buys the assets take the Canadian "Proud Wings" logo, and maybe even the name (or a modified form: I like Canadian Airways or even Canadian Pacific though that one would probably require permission from CPR who I imagine now own the name). The present AC image is old and bland whereas Proud Wings was, I think, one of THE best airline liveries/corporate images of recent years.

Comment

I'm flying ORD-YVR with them in July. The tickets were with UA but it's on AC b/c of Star Alliance. IF they do go down does anyone have any idea of what might happen. Would UA just put on one of their A319's to replace to AC one?

That being said. I would like AC to stay around.

Comment

Working...
              X