Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part-time MDW rampers now for ATA no full timers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-time MDW rampers now for ATA no full timers!!!

OK word just came down from management. All full time (MDW) ramp agents will become part-time in the very near future. This is being done to lower cost for the airline.

If you are flying ATA in the near future (i.e next day or to) watch out for delays because of a possible work stoppage at MDW.

While I do not work for ATA I use the flight benefits via a full time ramp employee at MDW.
    For it
    0%
    Poor choice ATA managment!!
    0%

That's just asking for trouble. I could understand making rampers at a non-hub airport PT, especially if you ony have a handful of flights a day to worry about. Doing this at a hub is just not right. I worked as a part time employee my first three jobs (the third one took me forever to offer me a FT position, and they still did not give me much of a raise when I became FT either). By making the rampers @ MDW PT, TZ is risking an even higher turnover rate. TZ's employees were already angry about not being able to non-rev in the new business class the airline is about to launch (even if the seats are available), and this is probably going to lead to a work stoppage. I take it TZ's rampers are non-union, as they would not have pulled this otherwise.

Comment

You are correct "srbmod" they are non-union. They tried to vote in a union last fall but it failed.

While the Biz class thing was kinda upsetting it was not as big of deal as some people think. Low pay and employee give backs in timed served with the company were more of an issue.

A sick out is possible and, well while I am opposed to unions in general I would have to say yes to the union because TZ has and will screwed the employees.

Comment

You are correct "srbmod" they are non-union. They tried to vote in a union last fall but it failed.

While the Biz class thing was kinda upsetting it was not as big of deal as some people think. Low pay and employee give backs in timed served with the company were more of an issue.

A sick out is possible and, well while I am opposed to unions in general I would have to say yes to the union because TZ has and will screwed the employees.

Comment

Generally speaking, unions are voted in because management screws up. In my industry (railroad), things are heavily unionized. I've worked for both, and my current employer was non-union for a number of years. We only voted them in due to rampant favoritism and unequal treatment of employees...and three years ago we were bought out by a much, much larger railroad and were grateful to have the union there to protect our jobs.
          Best of luck to all the ATA employees affected by this piss-poor management decision.
          George R. Widener
          Oshkosh, WI USA
          Aircraft Photos Here
          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Working...
          X