Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Airways MD-11's being used by USA Army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Airways MD-11's being used by USA Army?

It has been reported that all World Airways MD-11's are being used by the US Gov't to transport troops to Kuwait, for duty in Iraq

All their chartered flights have since been cancelled and passengers transferred to other airlines.

N273WA. McDonnell Douglas MD-11. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

World Airways and ATA are two of the largest carriers used by the US government for charters to transport troops.

Stephen

Comment

I believe that their planes (and many others in the USA) also belong to the CRAF, the civil reserve air fleet, which can be used by the armed forces in case of tension or war.

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Continental 777s and United 777s and 747s have been fitted out for high-density troop transport ops to Europe and the Middle East. I bet United is getting some doh outta this!

Comment

Don't forget the NW 747s. I got a pic of one here in Daytona to pick up some troops. I'll upload it here any day now once I do some levels work on it in photoshop.
          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Delta 777's were used for troop these transports, too.
            Andy

Comment

Yup one came over to Patrick AFB - KCOF in Cocoa Beach, FL. Basically took the whole base with it. I saw it but didn't have my camera with me . Oh Well.

Comment

Actually they don't make much money off the charters, just above break even I believe.

Comment

As promised here is the pic of the 747 at Daytona to pick up some troops.
                  Click on photo to enlarge.

Comment

We had an AA 777 here at Fort Drum to get some troops a few weeks ago.
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Kalitta have been used on some UK flights in support for the 52s
                      Just landed on a USAF charter. N705CK. Boeing 747-246F(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

John
                      Regards
                      John

http://johnclarke.fotopic.net/

Comment

Working...
                      X