ATA announcement on monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATA announcement on monday

ATA is planning a significant announcement on monday, anyone have any ideas? I hope it's the addition of another city, MCI??? Would be nice, i really wanna experience their product.
    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
    -PT-

Or maybe even STl..Although is STL to close to IND?? Its a 6-7 hour drive from STL. Just take 64 all the way straight. Southwest Airlines used to do NON-STOP flights from STL-IND but then stoped it about half a year ago.

Alex.

Comment

I hope it's good. These days significant announcements from the airlines could be really ugly. Adding a new city really wouldn't be a significant announcement, maybe a merger with another carrier?

Comment

In the current industry, who really knows what the announcement is?? It could be massive layoffs or something similar, but hopefully we can have some good news, and this wont be another slow painful death for yet another US carrier. I think STL wouldnt be bad, ATA has a pretty unique product in terms of LCC's, and something to compete with AA and WN at STL would be nice. Dont really know what routes could be started really that arent already served by AA. I guess we'll see on monday. Dont you just love their 738's the winglets are so cool!!!
        -PT-

Comment

The last 'significant' announcement by our local carrier, Swiss, was to shelve 300 jobs, ground 20 planes and reduce network by 12%. That's significant. Adding a new city or new service is not.

So expect the worst.

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by MCIFLYR
            In the current industry, who really knows what the announcement is?? It could be massive layoffs or something similar, but hopefully we can have some good news, and this wont be another slow painful death for yet another US carrier. I think STL wouldnt be bad, ATA has a pretty unique product in terms of LCC's, and something to compete with AA and WN at STL would be nice. Dont really know what routes could be started really that arent already served by AA. I guess we'll see on monday. Dont you just love their 738's the winglets are so cool!!!
            I totaly agree. However, if AT DOES fly to STL, you can bet AA will be in deep trouble, and in a way I don't want that to happen, because I like American, and I also like Southwest Airlines as you can see by my name and also would like to see SWA stick around at my airport. But it would be cool to see a new carrier at STL, but MCI needs it just as bad as STL. So either way would be cool. But like Aerpix says-Expect the worst, and thats what I am bracing for.

Comment

I just read in another forum that the announcement is tha addition of MDW-PIT starting in august. I guess this works out considering PIT doesnt have alot of low-fare competition. Damn, i was hoping TZ would maybe pick up some Vanguard Routes out of MCI, I want MCI-FLL Back!!!!!! STL would have been cool to see too, but they'd have to be pretty agressive to steal AA's frequent flyers away!
              -PT-

Comment

Hi,
                Could it be that they are to be renamed ATA Airlines?

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Working...
                X