Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 328 Production To Restart In 2004

Hi,
    US entrepreneur Ben Bartel has acquired the rights and facilities to produce the 32-seat 328JET and 328 turboprop. The company acquired 18 finished aircraft as part of the transaction, plus five additional aircraft in various stages of final assembly, and has inked a deal with Aero-Dienst to take three Envoy 3s later in 2003. Bartel expects the new Fairchild Dornier company to resume full-scale production over the course of the next 12 months. The company expects to produce 30-50 aircraft per year in Oberpfaffenhofen by 2005.

It also acquired the intellectual property relating to the design of the 428JET and plans to evaluate that market, but says it has no plans at this time to relaunch the program.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Source - Reuters News Agency

Enjoy Every Moment

That's another good news today. I like the 328, it is a good aircraft, with its only problem being the rather small fleet in operation. So let's hope we will see many more new-build 328s.

Regards,
    Peter

Comment

TOTALLY GOOD NEWS!

I love the Dornier 328!! it's my favorite regional.
      I look at the Satena Dornier 328s and used to think "it's a shame they will not be produced again" but this has roborn the legacy.... good one!

any news on Dornier 728??

Comment

Working...
      X