Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Been On A VC-10?

Hi,
    I was just wondering if any members have flown on a VC-10 and if so what is it like to fly? I have sat in the left hand seat in the flight deck of BOAC VC-10, G-ARVM at RAF Cosford on a very rare occasion as it had a maintainance guy onboard and I took my chance and asked if I could go up to the aircraft, he very kindly allowed me to do so and invited me into the flightdeck where I sat myself in the left hand seat and got a feel for it, I then walked down the cabin and had a look around and let me say the wing view is suberb! This aircraft is normally locked up, closed to the public and just for static display.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Unfortunately I have never managed to fly in a VC-10, despite this being my all-time favourite (see my avatar). In 1983 I was able to creep into G-ASGC which is preserved at Duxford. It was still in the old British Airways livery at that time, with a complete interior. I could walk up and down the cabin, but the seats were fenced off, probably to preserve them. Also the cockpit was off-limits . But it was great walking along the spacious cabin and thinking of how it was to fly in it.

TC_757, have you shot any photos of G-ARVM's cockpit? If you have any I would love to receive on for display on my website. There is a special VC-10 section in rememberance of this great aircraft. Thanks.

Regards,
    Peter

Comment

Hi,
      I did take a picture from the flight deck but I only have one copy. I do have negitives though.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

I've never been on one.
        Andy

Comment

There beuitiful aircraft wish i had been on one

Joe,
          | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

TC, can you perhaps scan it for me? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
            Peter

Comment

Hi aerpix,
              I can't scan the pictures but I can send you the negitives so you can get them developed?

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Actually I can also scan negatives, so that would be a way. I am sending you a PM with my address right after this. Thanks already now, I will return the negs ASAP.

Regards,
                Peter

Comment

Yes, I flew on a VC-10 from London to Hong Kong in 1978. Can't quite remember the full routing, but I do remember that it involved about 5 stops, including (then named) Rangoon.

It was a wonderful plane, it was and still is my favourite airplane, and I 'm privileged to have flown on one of them.

Andrew

Comment

You are, Andy, I wish would be, too.

Regards,
                    Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X