Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest 1767

This is news to me!!!

Apprantly-- The Captain reported a landing gear problem and diverted to Ontario, California, where the landing gear collapsed on touchdown.

Anyone remember this?? Any news articles for this event, any more pictures. I thought Southwest had NO CRASHES? Or does this not count as a landing problem? Sure would seem scary to me...

Alex.

Re: Southwest 1767

Originally posted by Southwest737
    I thought Southwest had NO CRASHES? Or does this not count as a landing problem? Sure would seem scary to me...
    You're not gonna like this then!

Southwest has had several incidents, the most serious being the one shown above, where a 737-300 overran runway 8 while landing at Burbank, following an absolutely idiotic decision by the flight crew to continue an extremely high and fast approach.

Southwest, however, has never suffered a fatal accident over the course of the company's history, which is extremely impressive, especially given the number of operations they have going daily.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Southwest are certainly one of the safest carriers around, given their annual RPMs flown. When did the Ontario accident happen, and which 737 was involved?

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

The 737 is real close to the gasstation.

Coment: The gas is relly cheap. the highest is 1.79 $ for one Gallon.
        In Germnay I have to pay about 1.10 Euro per liter.
        Andy

Comment

Gas is now expensive in the US, a few years back it was as low as $1.15 or less per gallon.

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

Working...
          X