Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Airlines with Air 2000-like tail scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Airlines with Air 2000-like tail scheme?

On a recent American Airlines flight (AA 1080 PLS-JFK), our plane (757-223) passed an aircraft at (a guess) about the minmum 1000 feet of separation (laterally, not vertically).

Since we were going opposite directions, the aircraft (with a nice contrail) was only visible for about three seconds. I noticed that the tail looked like Air 2000, with that red star-type shape and a turquoise background.

The only thing that made me doubt that it was Air 2000 was that it ( it looked like an A320) was around the latitude of Georgia or Florida, as our plane was heading towards South Carolina.

If anyone could tell me possibly what I saw, that would be great. As I mentioned, I did not get a very good look at the plane, only the tail. Thanks in advance.

My Photos On Jetphotos.net

I know that Canada 3000 (now defunct) used to have the same colour scheme as Air 2000. They had 757 and A320's. Later they had A330s and an A340, as well as some 737's.

Maybe one of their old aircraft was taken out of storage or something, and ferried somewhere?

Comment

OK, where have I been for the past few years?

I see that Air 2000 changed their colours. Please ignore my last post.

Comment

hey Msh744. I hope I can explain this. Every year some most British and Canadian charter airlines have an agreement. In the summer (UK peak) Skyservice lease a few aircraft to british carriers (mostly MyTravel), and in the winter (Canadian Peak) some British charter aircraft go to Canada.
        This year Air2000 have an A320 and a 757 with Skyservice until May. These are in the new AMM c/s with Skyservice titles. Hope this explains it!

Regards
        jmc757

Comment

Yes, that definitely explains it. Thank you very much!

My Photos On Jetphotos.net

Comment

Working...
          X