Any 738/739's for Southwest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 738/739's for Southwest?

I was just thinking how cool it would be to see a 737-800/900 in WN's new colorscheme. They have had shorty 737s for a while, and i think a 738/9 would be ideal on some high-density and trans-con routes, the IFE would be a great added bonus. So if anyone could shed some light on this, go ahead!!!
    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
    -PT-

I don't think we'll see any 737-800/-900s in SW colors anytime soon. The -700s fit the route structure better than those bigger aircraft. The -700 is the all around better aircraft in terms of range and fuel burn. We rather add more service than a bigger airplane when the demand warrents it. As for IFE.....appearently Ms Barett stated that no IFE will be installed for the time being. We are still very much is cost control mode....so unless some company decides they really like SWA and install it for free,it ain't gonna happen. Hope that helps!

See ya!

Comment

I also think that the larger 737 models are no good for Southwest. Their -700s and -300s are the ideal aircraft for their rather shorter, point to point services that have made them the great airline they are today.

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

While I myself would like to see it happen, I know it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

If Ua or AA goes under just maybe.

Comment

I believe the problem with the 737-800/900 is that they require an additional F/A over the current 737 models in service with Southwest. Also, in an all-coach configuration, the -900 couldn't hold more passengers than the -800 because the amount of passengers is restricted because of emergency exits.

Comment

so unless some company decides they really like SWA and install it for free,it ain't gonna happen.

[/quote]

LMAO!!

Comment

Could they get some used AA 737-800's when AA goes down?
                Andy

Comment

Working...
                X