African Star Airlines is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Star Airlines is back

African Star Airways is in search of 6 A319/321, 4 A330-200 and 4 A340-300/500 for the Africa, Europe, Middle East/ Asia operation.

source: Speednews

Star African has planed operation from Johannesburg to Munich with ex SIA B747-300...............
    Painted but never flew, and was never delivered. African Star's inaugural flight was aborted time and time again. - Photo taken at Singapore - Changi (SIN / WSSS) in Singapore in April, 1999.

Hi,
    Nice to see another African start-up. Although there fleet plans seem a little ambishous. I hope they do well and start a route to MAN as SAA are thinking of doing

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Good news.
      They really have ambishous plans. They don't fly jet and already want to get lots of aicraft. The can get some used A 32x's fairly easily. The A 343 shouldn't be a problem either. But getting A 332's will probably be hard. The A 345's would have to be new ones.
      I think they should finaly start operation with used planes. Later they can still get new aircraft.
      Andy

Comment

Yeah, they can pick up an ex-SIA A343, plenty of those pretty birds lying around. A332? Yeah, after Lufthansa took the fmr Sabena jets and Malaysia took those fmr. Delseys. I guess they'll hafta get them new. Who knows, maybe AF might temporarily lease a few out until they get new ones.

Wonderful plane the A330-200, they are really selling now!

Comment

Maybe they can get some A 330-200's when Lufthansa doesn't need them anymore.
          Andy

Comment

BMI have two available, now on lease to SAA but come off lease in June and December, respectively.

Swiss International Air Lines may soon have a couple of surplus A332s .

Regards,
            Peter

Comment

Hi,
              bmi British Midland's two A330-200's that will shortly be returning to there fleet are most likely to be placed on services out of LHR and possiably EDI or GLA to the USA.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

wont they operate them out of MAN to some where in the USA?

Joe,
                | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Hi,
                  Remember bmi have 3 A330-200's - G-WWBB, G-WWBD and G-WWBM so they will still have an A330 to fly the Manchester route. Also they do have a further 11 options (I think) for A330's and I'm not sure but they may have a completed A330-200 at TLS awaiting delivery but there was talk of this aircraft being tranfered to Emirates.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

AFAIK BMI can not fly to the USA from LHR, that's why they have no use for three A.332s, and have leased out two. The third one does the MAN-IAD route.

Regards,
                    Peter

Comment

How long will Lufthansa keep the A 330-200's?
                      Andy

Comment

Until they get the new-build A330s they have ordered.

Regards,
                        Peter

Comment

Hi,
                          In my first post about bmi's A330's I meant to put that they may opperate from LHR-CPT/JNB and EDI or GLA to USA.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Does any one know of the fate of SIA's phased out A340s? I know six have gone to Cathay Pacific and Khalifa (3 apiece)....

Why doesn't Swiss just take those A340s instead of buying new ones?

Comment

Does any one know of the fate of SIA's phased out A340s? I know six have gone to Cathay Pacific and Khalifa (3 apiece)....What about the rest?

Why doesn't Swiss just take those A340s instead of buying new ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X