No announcement yet.

American Airlines DC-10 lands on a highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of which, i was driving home from work today, and saw a cessna (looked like a 172) on the side of the highway, chocked, just past grassy slope, in front of a small shopping center, by a gas station, facing the highway. about a two foot long portion of the left wing was smashed in. i couldn't figure out if it had a severe birdstrike (doubt it, though), or maybe hit a car as it (so it seems) landed on the highway. either way, there were several police cars and a fire truck there, but it didn't look like anyone was hurt, or anything severely damaged. kind of crazy. i wish i had my camera (not that it's a good one anyways).....
    Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

ansett, just watchin those eyes move all at once is awsome!, Of course i know its fake, im not stupid
        -Kevin

Comment

ain't no DC-10, but still would be hella freaky if you saw a plane landing behind you on the road.....

FLOWOOD — Engine trouble forced a pilot to land his single-engine plane Sunday afternoon on Lakeland Drive at Grants Ferry Road, clipping the back of a pickup.

David Tulis was flying from Atlanta to Shreveport with his wife and 19-month-old daughter. He notified authorities the Mooney airplane was having trouble, and he landed it facing west on Lakeland Drive about 2:30 p.m.

There were no injuries.
          "You have a tendency to be a little worried," Tulis said of the emergency landing about three miles from the Jackson International Airport.

Both westbound lanes of Lakeland Drive, a major metro-area traffic artery, were closed as authorities pushed the plane to the side of the road. It was later taken to the airport to be inspected by National Transportation Safety Board officials. Authorities at the scene from the airport and the Flowood Police Department would not comment.

Tulis' wife and daughter were taken to get a rental car. Tulis said he hoped the family could still make it to Shreveport.

Police would not identify the driver of the pickup, who was able to drive from the scene. The truck had been traveling south across the intersection from Grant's Ferry to Castlewoods Boulevard.

Witnesses were fascinated by the sight of a plane in the middle of the highway.

"It's crazy, crazy," said Robbie Fiser, who came across the plane as she drove to work at the Seattle Drip Coffee Company at the intersection. "How it got there and how it didn't knock the (traffic) lights down ... I guess they used the road as a runway."

Pamela Alexander, who was working at the Texaco gas station at the intersection, was amazed no one was hurt. "I'm just glad it didn't hit the store," she said.
          Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Re: American Airlines DC-10 lands on a highway

Originally posted by ACman
            PS they should hyave reaserched planes first.
            Maybe you should research the date it was created in....

Comment

If that was me and I saw the plane in my rear view, I would have just pulled over or slamed the brakes hoping the plane would go over me.

Comment

Re: American Airlines DC-10 lands on a highway

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                But it's still awesome nonetheless . If you want the real deal, there have been several cases were GA planes landed on interstates, with live news coverage .

-Colin
                Umm, does anyone remember the Russian jetliner which landed on a Seattle freeway?

Foxtrot

Comment

Working...
                X