Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHINESE AIRLINES ORDER 30 AIRBUS AIRCRAFT

From the airbus webpage.

Under the agreement, these 30 aircraft, including 4 A330s, 16 A319s and 10 A320s, will be operated by China Southern Airlines Group, Air China Group, China Eastern Airlines Group, Hainan Airlines and Sichuan Airlines.
    Andy

Go Airbus!

To whom specifically will the A330s go to?

Comment

I hope to China Southern...I really want them to become more international and compete with Air China and China Eastern...they already have 777s!
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I don't know. They didn't even say if these are A 330-200'S or -300's.
        Andy

Comment

Hmmm.....Thinking about it more carefully, I think the A330s will go to China Eastern. They already have A340s and A320 Family jets, my best guess is that they'll fly A330s around Asia. China Southern has its 777s and Air China has 744s, A340s, 777s. Hainan, has 767s, Sichuan I doubt, they aren't that big.

Don't worry Will, with China's rapid economic growth we're sure to see all of these major Chinese carriers grow and expand their route networks.

Comment

Air China, China Eastern, and China Southern all need new liveries....they have to get rid of the "colored line through the middle" c/s!

Photo taken at Beijing - Capital (PEK / ZBAA) in China on April 19, 2003.

MU562 for Shanghai/Beijing rolling on Runway 34 Left. The aircraft has CFM56-5C4 powerplants and was delivered on 15/05/1996. - Photo taken at Sydney - Kingsford Smith International (Mascot) (SYD / YSSY) in New South Wales, Australia on April 13, 2003.

(del 28/12/1995) The id look of CZ's B777. [Sony DSC-F707] - Photo taken at Shenzhen (- Baoan / Huang Tian) (SZX / ZGSZ) in China on March 30, 2003.

New logos for Air China and China Southern wouldn't hurt either...

Comment

very traditional liveries

they're not soo bad, but they're definately OLD!
              I hope some restyling too for the new Airbus!
              curson
              "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration..."

Comment

According to various sources, the four Airbus Industrie A330 will go to China Southern. As the A330s are described as "long-haul airliners" I personally would imagine that the airline will get A330-200.

China Eastern already has every type of aircraft apart from the A330 so I really doubt that they will take another long-haul aircraft (beside A340, 767 and MD-11).
                Happy Spotting!

Frank
                FU Airliner Photography

Comment

I think it is generally accepted that the A330s will go to China Southern. Even the Airbus CEO said so.

As for the schemes, I actually quite like the China Southern scheme and the others are traditional but not bad. The last thing the world needs is another boring cheatline-less euro-white livery.
                  Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

I love Air China's scheme on the B744, but only the ones where the engines and pylons are of the same color as the grey below the cheatline! The Scheme is so classic, bringing us back to the days of the old CAAC

Comment

I just think they need to move away from those traditional liveries...

Comment

They are controlled by a communist gov't. Look at Aeroflot's livery. Compared to that, their livery is leaps and bounds ahead.

Comment

Working...
                        X