Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This picture is real?

remark from the Photographer:

Ladies and Gentlemen: I present you the first prototype of an afterburner, to be used for supersonic 747s. The device is visible on the number one engine.

Picture not showing, post the link

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen: I present you the first prototype of an afterburner, to be used for supersonic 747s. The device is visible on the number one engine. ;) - Photo taken at Amsterdam - Schiphol (AMS / EHAM) in Netherlands on April 12, 2003.

Comment

Just a joke...prolly some rubber or something in the back of the engine that is just burning off.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Re:

Looks like another engine fire to me.
          "Ok, I'm gonna get as many as I can on that SW pad there, uh... ok, Amarillo, you're #1, Houston-#2, Albuquerque #3, Phoenix-#4, Chicago-#5, Seattle-#6...

Congratulations, Seattle!"

Comment

Looks great i think,

Joe,
            | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Maybe the #3 just swallowed a bird.

No matter how much power you applied to a 747 you could not make a successful SST out of it. The fuselage does not have the pinched waist that all supersonic aircraft need to keep the shock wave from separating the airflow around the tail. A 747 exceeding mach would not be controllable.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightdogg

No matter how much power you applied to a 747 you could not make a successful SST out of it. The fuselage does not have the pinched waist that all supersonic aircraft need to keep the shock wave from separating the airflow around the tail. A 747 exceeding mach would not be controllable.
                That's what I thought but there are reports of a 747 that reached Mach1 in a uncommanded decent. I am not sure of the details.. I think ChrisK knows more.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightdogg

isnt it # 1

Comment

looks real. maybe just some dirt which went through the engine.
                    Andy

Comment

Hey guys, sorry to bust your bubble, look at the flap canoes on the right side, they're painted red at the tips, and the canoe on the left flap just happens to be in the way of the engine, nope no fire!!!
                      Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
                      -PT-

Comment

yes. That's it.
                        Andy

Comment

Ooh, that was hard to pick out...
                          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

MCIFLYER is right!
                            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Son of a gun...somebody has some good eyes.
                              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Working...
                              X