New orders soon: Aer Lingus and Air New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New orders soon: Aer Lingus and Air New Zealand

2 separate new orders to be made this year, reported by Flight International.

-Aer Lingus close to decide whether it'll take A320 or B737-800.

-Air New Zealand is opening the competition for long-haul fleet renewal, with A340-600 and B777-300ER in head to head competition. Please note that Boeing's 777-300ER flew to NZ in the past 2 weeks for "test flight".
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

can't wait to see Air New Zealand's c/s in both of those planes...
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I take it that these birds will be replacing the B744. Good idea, the 747 is too large for ANZ.

This will be an interesting competition, both jets fit the ANZ route network. On one hand the 777 has GE engines which fit perfectly with ANZ and are within the ETOPS limits, on the other hand there's the A346 with commonality with ANZs soon to be delivered A320s. I'm guessing that ANZ will purchase order about a dozen birds.

Maybe ANZ will start buying A332s to replace some B763s! I'd love to see that!

Comment

Aer Lingus would be beautiful on a 737-800, just awesome.

As for ANZ, I wish the 74 will stay, but a 777 would look awesome. So would a 737-NG.
        Cory Klimko
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Aer Lingus:
          They operate some Airbuses and B 737-300 and -400. I think they will replace the 737's. Though a B 737-800 with painted winglets would look greta in their colours.

Ari Newzealand:
          I don't know. Richards says that Etops isn't a problem. I think that both planes have chances and Air Newzealand will get a good deal with eother Airbus or Boeing.
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X