Cathay Pacific/Hong Kong launch "We Love HK" campa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific/Hong Kong launch "We Love HK" campa

Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Government has launched a campaign called "We Love HK" in order to save Hong Kong's economy.

The campaign includes $1000 deal. Travellers and HK citizens will have show a receipt to prove they spent $1000 during May with HK company, they'll receive special fares for selected Asian destinations.

--------------------------------------------------
    Hong Kong's economy has suffered greatly because of SARS. The drastic drop in the number of visitors means that there has been a huge drop in the amount of money being spent here, and Hong Kong people themselves have been reluctant to go shop, dine and spend like they normally do. The aviation, hotel, tourism and catering industries have been particularly hard hit, though every Hong Kong business is seeing hard times.

With less money coming into Hong Kong we have to look to our own resources to get our economy moving.

The Tourism Coalition of Hong Kong, made up of members of the tourism industry, including the Board of Airline Representatives, Federation of Hong Kong Hotel Owners, Hong Kong Hotels Association and Travel Industry Council, has come together to help Hong Kong do just that. The Hong Kong Tourism Commission and the Hong Kong Tourism Board welcome the campaign.

The Coalition's "We Love HK" campaign is a community-wide operation aimed at encouraging the public to "get out and spend" in order to help make up for lost dollars from visitors, encourage Hong Kong people to get their own lives back to normal and give the local economy a much needed boost.

The unique part about this campaign is that business will offer incentives for people to spend money with other companies in a bid to get cash moving through the economy. Everyone who takes part ¡V traders and shoppers ¡V stands to gain.

The campaign will start 1 May and is planned to run through 31 May.

Any business ¡V not just ones in the tourism sector ¡V can take part. All any shop or business has to do is obtain the ¡§We Love HK¡¨ logo and display on their window. Every business that takes part must offer extra discounts, privileges or incentives to encourage people to spend money. Offers may vary at different businesses. The public can check with the respective business for details.

Convenor of the Coalition Mr Philip Chen said: ¡§We have to look to our own resources to get the Hong Kong economy back on its feet. I hope that many more businesses will get on board and the Hong Kong people everywhere get out to enjoy themselves, spend some money and help get life back to normal."

The airlines are among the companies to have led the coalition¡¦s initiative. Cathay Pacific Airways has already agreed to provide exclusive award offer on air fares from Hong Kong to selected Asian destinations at a price of HK$ 1,000 only.

Below is a list of the supporting organisations. Many more will be advised shortly.

Supporting Hotels
    Close to 80 Hong Kong hotels

Supporting Travel Agents
    More than 1,300 travel agents

Supporting Airlines
    Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, Northwest Airlines, Air Canada, Qantas, Finnair, Virgin Atlantic

Supporting Entertainment Groups
    Ocean Park
    Star Cruise

Supporting Retail Group
    Quality Tourism Services Scheme
    Supporting Catering Groups
    Hong Kong Catering Industry Association
    Association of Restaurant Managers
    Estates¡¦ Restaurants (H.K.) Merchant Association
    Hong Kong Federation of Restaurant & Related Trades
    Hong Kong Catering Management
    The Sai Kung Food & Beverages Association
    Hong Kong & Kowloon Vermicelli & Noodle Manufacturing Industry Merchants¡¦ General Association
    Chiu Chow Overseas Food Trade Merchants Association
    Supporting Organisations
    Hong Kong Tourism Commission
    Hong Kong Tourism Board
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

I truly love HK too. It might be my favorite city in the world. Let's hope this SARS crisis ends very soon so this incredible city can get back to the vibrant place it once was.

Comment

I HK
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

How unoriginal.

I NY

Comment

True, but it's a great city nonetheless....

Comment

We are not known for being original here, but for stealing peoples ideas, making counterfeit products and even the government waits for other coutries to do things first before we follow.....however we do copy very well!!!

$1000 in a month isn't that hard really is it?
            Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

not really, think of food and hotels alone...plus gifts and souveniers...shouldn't be that hard

but then again, who wants to fly to those "select" Asian destinations? Probably affected by SARS and lack regular passengers!
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I also HK a lot. Its has its good and its bad - more good than bad!
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                X