Your preferred seating configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your preferred seating configuration?

I was just wondering what you all think is the best economy class wide-body seating configuration:
    2-3-2 (B767)
    0%
    2-4-2 (A300/A310A330/A340)
    0%
    2-5-2 (777/M11/DC10/L1011)
    0%
    3-3-3 (777)
    0%
    3-4-3 (747)
    0%

Why on earth do some 777s have a 2-5-2 configuration? 3-3-3 is great!
    AIRIGAMI.NET
    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

The reasons to like 2-5-2 that I can think of are:
      1. If you are travelling as a couple you can request both an isle and a window together and not have to sit next to anyone you don't know.
      2. If the flight is close to empty, you can get into the middle bank of seats and really stretch out to sleep - even if you're tall!
      3. It offers a fewer number of seats that are 2 seats from an isle: with 3-3-3 the window seat rows on both sides of the airplane are 2 seats away from the isle while in 2-5-2 only the very middle row is 2 seats from the isle (50% less). This may have benefits in terms of evacuation times and ease of providing service as well as offering more convenience to passengers who like to be close to the isle.

Comment

3-4-3 is good...
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I personally like the 2-4-2, and the 2-3-2
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

2-4-2 is not only on Airbuses, but also on many 767s.

Grtz,

Nicki
            My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

2-4-2 is used on the 767? Wow! Those must be tiny seats! I have never been on a 767 in that configuration, so I didn't realize that it was sometimes used. I've been on the 767's of UA, NZ, AC, DL, AA, TWA, and maybe a couple of others I'm forgetting right now. Who uses 2-4-2 on the 767? Is it only charters?

Comment

Yeah, Sobelair on charters. The seats are quite okay, the same as 3-3 in a charter 737.

Grtz,

Nicki
                My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

Re:

The 2-3-2 config. used on 767s rocks! Quite possibly the widest economy seats for a heavy. Other than that, the ERJs have the widest seats.
                  "Ok, I'm gonna get as many as I can on that SW pad there, uh... ok, Amarillo, you're #1, Houston-#2, Albuquerque #3, Phoenix-#4, Chicago-#5, Seattle-#6...

Congratulations, Seattle!"

Comment

I like 2-4-3 on any exceptionally large widebody (744, 777)

Suits couples, single child families, and two kid families. I really don't mind skipping over my mom and sister to get to the lavatory, but the guy drinking his eight glass of wine and the woman who has been seen picking her nose and mearing it on the tray table will be hard to jump...

So yeah...2-4-3
                    I like 2-3-2 and 3-3-3 as well
                    2-5-2 is OK....i like it when just my dad and i travel.

Comment

I've never been on a plane with 2-4-3...

Comment

The 767 2-3-2 really is the best config out there. It's really comfortable even when the plan is full.

Comment

The MD11 2-4-3 is the best

Comment

ahhh..I've never been on a MD plane...gotta try it some day before they go extinct

650th POST

Comment

Anything other than Airbus will do.
                              Cory Klimko

Comment

Working...
                              X