New Midwest MD-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Midwest MD-80

Midwest MD-81 taxiing to 17. Note the AirTran DC-9 turning for departure on 17.. N813ME. McDonnell Douglas MD-81. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I think the new Midwest colors look absolutely beautiful on this plane!! What do you guys think, i think this livery is a great update, and hope to see YX in the skies forever!!!

By the way, when i tried to post the picture in here w/o the link, there was just a red x in the small box thingy, can anyone help me out???
    Thanx
    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
    -PT-

Looks awesome. Midwest is a great airline. I sure wish the'd order some 737-700s, that would fit the route network beautifully.
    Cory Klimko
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Oh cory, if they only had winglets, i was thinking, how cool would a 717-300 be with gigantic winglets!!!! So cool, glad you like it
      -PT-

Comment

Yea, Midwest is such an awesome little airline. 717's are okay, but I think a new fleet of 20 737-700s with winglets, and 10 737-800s with winglets would be a dream. I would for sure try to fly for them then.
        Cory Klimko

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Yes, it looks very nice. As for the 737NG, that would not fit in their fleet planning whatsoever. The 717 keeps more commonality in the fleet in terms of systems and familiarization.

They will always be Midwest Express in my heart...after all, they were always my favorite national carrier since the beginning in 1983.

Comment

The MD-80 looks great in those colours!!
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

MD-82 MEH New Color Scheme...

OK I really do not like the new scheme, logo, or name. I mean it is slowly (very slowly) growing on me and all but I mean I just am not used to it and I really love the current scheme as oppose to the new one. I guess it depends on your tastes.

Douglas DC-9
                Here's how I see life... "No expectations, no disappointments!"

Comment

Well tell me this then? If Midwest is trying to start service to the west coast, which some are already served, how will a 717 (in the future when MD, and DC are gone) going to fly that route? Are they going to codeshare with an airline like AirTran with Airbuses to serve LAS, and LAX? Because I know the 717 has a max. range of 1250 NM, which is half the distance to LAX or any other west coast city. I believe I am right, that the 737-NG would fit the network great, it has just more than the 717 on pax. load, but the range is much more greater, which is a plus.
                  Cory Klimko

Comment

I might also add, Midwest has started deposing of the MDs, and DCs.
                    Cory Klimko

Comment

Try to imagine a jetBlue 717

DeltaCappy- A 737 or any other bird besides the DC-9, 717- and MD-80 series aircraft would just look plain ODD in the Midwest Express scheme. I mean I love them and all, but a 737 or an A320 is just way out of line, even for them. Try to imagine a jetBlue 717. Weird, huh? And the MD-81/82/88's will be around for at least another 10 years.

DC-9
                      Here's how I see life... "No expectations, no disappointments!"

Comment

Imagin a 727 in SWA colors? It happened, but not for long. But... it did happen. Honestly, I don't think managment at Midwest cares what the planes will look like, and how odd they appear, the only purpose of certain type of aircraft is because it fits the network. This is only my opinion.
                        Cory Klimko

Comment

Cory- I've had a talk with CEO Tim Hoeksema, and image is key to the airline. He is insistent that the planes look elegant, but i think the midwest scheme would look good on any aircraft. Also, there have been absolutely NO MD-80s retired from the fleet, in fact, a new MD-80 (813ME) has just entered service, previously operated by SAS. The MD-80s are highly efficient for their west coast services, and some are only about 14 years old. I think for the long term, AirTran and Midwest (if they can become profitable) would be extremely interested in a 717-"300". Hell the DC-9s are pushing 40 years, so you can bet that those MD-80s will be around for the immediate future. BTW, i have been on all YX's MD-80s (except for the newest) and the interior and cockpit look brand new!! I can't see them being retired any time soon.
                          -PT-

Comment

Hmm, I'll look into that a little more before I say anything. I guess my sources aren't that great.

MCI-Flyer - Do you work for Midwest? Just curous, all 14 is it of the MDs, pretty cool
                            Cory Klimko

Comment

Also, I wasn't implying that managment doesn't care what their aircraft look like, eg. dirty, ugly colors. I mean, what aircraft the have. Someone mentioned a 737 wouldn't look "good" with Midwest? Why? Because it hasn't flown for them before. I don't know what to say. That was rather pointless. IMHO. :P
                              Cory Klimko

Comment

Working...
                              X