Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates reports fiscal year 2002/03 results

Hi,
    According to the Bahrain Tribune, Emirates Airlines recorded a 24 per cent growth in revenue in fiscal year 2002/03 ending March.

According to our latest information, Emirates currently has 44 aircraft in its fleet. It plans to add 12 airplanes in fiscal year 2003/04. The airline is in talks with Boeing and Airbus to order new aircraft. Airbus holds 22 firm orders for A380s plus 10 options. It is expected that Emirates will increase this number. The airline will probably also order some new Boeing 777s. It currently has some 18 777-200s (it ordered 25 777s in 2001) and -300s and it is expected that the airline will add the new 777-300 ER to its fleet. The company could also buy some more Airbus A340-500 and –600s. It will receive its first delivery of the A340-500 next September.

Thanks

Thomas_CooK_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

wow .

They haven't even recieved all jets and plan to order even more.
    I just wonder. Are they crazy or will they really need so many new jets.
    Andy

Comment

This airline is very Enron-esque.

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking on similar lines as Andy. Do EK really need so many planes? Do they need so many A380s? Their plan sounds overly anbitious to me....

Comment

But they're a great airline nevertheless!
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I Emirates
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
            X