Best approaches youve had.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best approaches youve had.

My best and is to this day comming into Toronto on the runway 24L or 24R approach, so awsome, all the sudden you see residential area, industrail/commercial as you get lower, then the 401 then you land on the runway.

Another good one is YVR's runway 06L, coming over the water, making this wicked turn, then decending and landing. SWEET!

Montreal isnt that bad either.

Honolulu IS KICK ASS when you fly along Waikiki beach and past Diamond Head.
    -Kevin

JNU is the best
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

well....on a windy day, approaches on AMS rwy 22R are sweet, i've landed there once, all shaky and things.
      on normal days, approaches from the south are sweet, coming in over a LAke, then almost parralel to the highway, over another highway, and then you Landed
      Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
      - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
        My best and is to this day comming into Toronto on the runway 24L or 24R approach, so awsome, all the sudden you see residential area, industrail/commercial as you get lower, then the 401 then you land on the runway.
        That is nice, I like to follow the roads to the airport. It's nice to see a different view than from your car

I like all of the approaches into YYZ In from over the lake, over the city, or past my building from the west.

Comment

HNL is pretty sweet

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            HNL is pretty sweet
            Dont get me started on how awsome HNL is from any runway.
            -Kevin

Comment

Las Vegas at night....darkness......more darkness.......BOOM the strip

Comment

Landing at LHR runway 9L or 9R i cant quite remember. Coming in from Brussels, we flew right over London where the views were spectacular and then made a 180degrees turn just after Windsor Castle, i got a brilliant view of it from very close range.

Comment

ACY ... I can see my house.

I've always thought the ABE approach is pretty cool. You fly over endless mountains and small towns in the Poconos and then immediately over the "compressed urban sprawl" of Allentown and then touch down onto the runway.
                  www.acairport.com

Comment

HNL is the best approach I have ever done.
                    Fly Delta Jets!

Comment

EGE (eagle vail co) is the best! Its got an amazing aproach which requires making a sharp low 180 close to mountains and then passing in-between mountains for landing. Here are some photos and the flights at the airport:

All the gates at EGE board with stairs and there are a hell of a lot of biz jets there, some times even BBJs and 727s. I will be flying there on a UA 757 monday so you can expect a trip report with lots of photos, and since the plane boards with stairs I will hopefully be able to get some close ups of the plane. Also the airport has a really cool webcam! http://www.eaglecounty.us/airport/airportcam.cfm. Its got a great view of the gates and the runway. You can look here http://www.eaglecounty.us/airport/flightinfo.cfm to see when a plane is landing or taking off and then watch it on the webcam! Thats what I like to do.
                      Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

EGE= 757 town.
                        -Kevin

Comment

try SXM at night in a Dash 8-200. Now thats darkness!!!!!!! All over water from SJU to SXM, no lights no anything. then the lights of SSBB then lights of the runways and you hit the ground!!!!!!!!!! Awesome,

Comment

heya kboss, any way you can lose some of the pics, or at least the schedule. That's a lot to scroll through

Comment

Hi guys,

for me the best approach is Nice (NCE - LFMN)!

what do you think of this?:

LFMN. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

WWOOWW - coming in from the south.east for a left base for Runway22R. Have you ever seen a Base-leg like this before. . Fokker 70. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

©BAF70

Comment

Working...
                              X