Thieves Seize KLM Armored Car, Steal Diamonds, Jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves Seize KLM Armored Car, Steal Diamonds, Jewelry

Thieves hijacked an armored car from the Air France-KLM ( 3112.FR) cargo ramp at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport Friday and made off with millions of euros in diamonds and jewelry, the airline said.

The thieves seized the vehicle after threatening the guards, the airline said, but it did not disclose whether the robbers were armed.

No one was injured in the heist. An airline spokesman declined to say whether the thieves were armed.

"It was a secure area of the airport, so it's a big question how those people could get there," spokesman Frank Houben said.

The armored car was recovered later in Hoofdorp, a business town just outside the airport perimeter. Dutch police were dusting the vehicle for fingerprints and searching for other clues, Houben said.

- The baby will be back -

Wow
    This is not the first time either.

I remember reading in this forum about another robbery involving a KLM aircraft at AMS

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
      Wow
      This is not the first time either.

I remember reading in this forum about another robbery involving a KLM aircraft at AMS
      ...and I believe another happened at JNB.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

They say this is the biggest jewelry robbery ever, a worth of 75Million €, and probably help from one or more KLM Employees
        Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
        - Metzgermeister

Comment

Hoofdorp ?
          Some fellow members unheard of for quite long hit the bounty
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
            Hoofdorp ?
            Some fellow members unheard of for quite long hit the bounty
            Alain
            Actually Hoofddorp is the first place they should look at. That town is just too close to the airport, and I have been told a respectable amount of inhabitants work at, or are at some point related with KLM. Not that by any mean I believe Hoofddorpers are the thieves!

Comment

[kick]
              it seems that some MP emloyees planned it...or atleast helped in it, I hope it get's solved
              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Looks like AMS is slowly closing in on LHR as the best place for a multi-million dollar theft .

Comment

Its like the Lufthansa-Heist revisited!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X