AirTran Airways: First Airline to Board Coca-Cola with Lime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirTran Airways: First Airline to Board Coca-Cola with Lime

AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced that it will be the first airline in the world to board Coca-Cola with Lime, on all flights beginning today. Coca-Cola with Lime is the newest product marketed by The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO - News) of Atlanta, Ga.

AirTran Airways has a rich history of firsts with The Coca-Cola Company. The airline was the first airline in the world to board Minute Maid Lemonade, Dasani Water and Vanilla Coke. Today, AirTran Airways boards thirteen different Coca-Cola marketed products including Coca-Cola Classic, Diet Sprite Zero, Minute Maid Orange Juice, Dasani Water and Seagram's Ginger Ale.

"AirTran Airways partners with the best brands, and there is no better brand worldwide than Coca-Cola," stated Robert L. Fornaro, president and chief operating officer. "We are pleased to be the first airline to offer our customers Coke with Lime."

"Coca-Cola values our relationship with AirTran Airways, and we are very pleased that AirTran Airways' passengers will enjoy Coke with Lime," stated Don Knauss, president and chief operating officer of Coca-Cola North America.

About AirTran Airways

AirTran Airways, one of America's largest low-fare airlines with 6,000 friendly, professional Crew Members, operates over 500 daily flights to more than 40 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where it is the second largest carrier. AirTran Airways operates America's youngest all-Boeing fleet. The airline is the first carrier to install XM Satellite Radio on a commercial aircraft. For reservations or more information, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran).

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.
    - The baby will be back -

Great move...

Has anyone tried it yet? I though that it was preety good!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Now just add some rum and you've got a decent drink - The Cuba Libre.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Is this Diet Coke with Lime? Or is it Classic? We only have the Diet one here...I think.
        Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

Its good, and its the regular coke, not diet. This has to be one of the biggest announcements in Aviation history...

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
            Great move...

Has anyone tried it yet? I though that it was preety good!
            They passed it out on the train two days ago as a promotion for Coca Cola and NJ Transit. Pretty good stuff.
            www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
              Its good, and its the regular coke, not diet. This has to be one of the biggest announcements in Aviation history...
              Hell ya, it's all over the front pages!

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmm good choice Air Tran!

Coca Cola have just released it over here in England, its really tasty!

But in England we only have Diet Coke with lemon and lime but no ordinary coke !

Oh Well still nice!

Rob
                Next Flights

LHR - DOH - BKK

Qatar Aiways > A330-300/200
                BKK - DOH - LHR
                Qatar Airways > A330-300/200

Comment

Originally posted by yyz-yvr
                  Is this Diet Coke with Lime? Or is it Classic? We only have the Diet one here...I think.
                  I think so too, no regular lemon or lime coke here.

The Diet Lemon and Lime flavours are pretty good though.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    Now just add some rum and you've got a decent drink - The Cuba Libre.
                    Good idea, I will remeber to take along this small flask of rum when I'll fly AirTran

On a more serious note, Coca Cola gets with AirTran a sound partnership they probably never managed to materialize with Delta,
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                    X