Are MyTravel still in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are MyTravel still in trouble?

Are MyTravel still in trouble? If so, why are they so troubled?
    DTVAirport

I think they have refinanced now and are due to make a profit soon (this year or next)
    The upgraded Air Humberside
    NOW WITH FORUM
    NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
    The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
      Are MyTravel still in trouble? If so, why are they so troubled?
      Well My Travel have just done a restructure (or to be more techincal a debt-for-equity swap) which involved losing 9 aircraft and many job losses, and according to latest reports, things are looking a lot better, and even the share price has gone up on the back of increased bookings for package holidays and by reducing capacity in European markets, plus a boost in the number of America bookings.

The reason for MyT's problems stem from accounting problems and the downturn in the travel industry after the September 11 attacks, with losses of £910 million just for 2002-03.
      “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
      Confucius

Comment

Re

Yea, but I thought they'd lost alot of passengers cos of a crap service or sommet, anyway, if the September 11th attacks are to blame, then why are the other british charter airlines seemingly unaffected?
        DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
          Yea, but I thought they'd lost alot of passengers cos of a crap service or sommet, anyway, if the September 11th attacks are to blame, then why are the other british charter airlines seemingly unaffected?
          You will find all airlines have some degree of poor customer service, MyT is no exception, but it certainly isnt a factor in its downfall. As I said before, there were "accounting problems" (translation: overcapacity, bad management, overstaffing, chaotic organisation, etc). MyT is a charter airline and the holiday package market has suffered a decline for a while now. My guess is that with lots of LCC's around like Easyjet, RyanAir and BMI, people have a better reason to get cheaper flights and find their own hotel or accommodation abroad - especially shorthaul to Europe. Medium to long haul destinations are the growth area for package holidays now, and this is where MyT will do well.
          “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
          Confucius

Comment

Working...
          X