American Eagle launches Charlotte-N.Y. service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Eagle launches Charlotte-N.Y. service

American Eagle, the regional affiliate of American Airlines Inc., will offer nonstop service from Charlotte to New York City's LaGuardia Airport.

The airline will offer five daily round-trip flights beginning May 1.

- The baby will be back -

Anyone know what aircraft types will be used?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I'm guessing ERJ?
      www.acairport.com

Comment

Didn't they operate this route last summer too?
        DELTA- Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Comment

Old news; this was first announced over a month ago. The flights will use ER3s. AA has not flown this route before. CLT-LGA is a high yield market (lots of bankers etc.) which is why they're entering the market. DL also started CLT-LGA back in December and has three daily CRJs plus a daily JFK-CLT that started in February.

It also won't surprise me if AirTran joined the CLT-NYC party in the future. The lower CASMs of the 717 would likely drive AA and DL from the market though.

MPL

Comment

Nope, this route is new, and most importantly, will mean overkill for the NYC-CLT market. Just this year Delta started 3x daily LGA-CLT and daily JFK-CLT, all on CRJs, and now AA adds 5 daily ER3s. That adds almost 400 daily seats to this market, and it will be interesting to see who will be the first to pull out.

Comment

Well why would someone pull out? And also, does US serve this route?

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                Well why would someone pull out? And also, does US serve this route?
                US, of course, serves CLT-LGA though they haven't served JFK in many years.

MPL

Comment

US flies CLT-LGA 10x: 3x 734, 2x 319, 2x 321, and 3x 320. Sunday the have an extra CRJ flight, probley mainly for reposition.

Comment

Well why would someone pull out?
                    Because it can be expected that US will reduces fares on that route big-time, because DL and AA can pull traffic from a former US-monopoly route, leading to a possible fare war between the three, and one carrier dropping the route due to low yields.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      Because it can be expected that US will reduces fares on that route big-time, because DL and AA can pull traffic from a former US-monopoly route, leading to a possible fare war between the three, and one carrier dropping the route due to low yields.

Ohhh... I didnt think that far ahead. Thanks for the info. So I guess that an only an LCC could take on US in this route?

Comment

So I guess that an only an LCC could take on US in this route?
                        Not necessarily. If it was only DL that entered the market, with 150 seats on 3 flights, US would not have been happy, but they could have lived with that, at 10 daily flights with some 750 seats, especially given that they themselves entered a major DL route when they launched DCA-ATL. But now with AA as a third carrier there, US really has to fear that they will lose a significant number of pax on that route.

Comment

I don't know cause those flights will be oon RJ and are over 1:30+ long. That an't to comfertable.

Comment

Working...
                          X