No announcement yet.

Your best memory at an airport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine was i was flying with CX MNL-HKG-SFO... the gate where we disembarked in HKG was gate 41 to gate 2... (those whove been to HKG know how far this is...)... i had to walk for 30-35 minutes with a 7 kg gym bag and a backpack... but iwas well worth it, coz i had a chance to see all the planes that i wanted to see, i.e. CX A346, PR A330, CI 744, CI 738, etc... and when i got to the gate there was a CX A346 beside our plane... hehehe... no biggie...
    -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
    EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
    NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
    NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
    NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
    NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

My most memorable moment was when me, my dad, and my bro were flying ATL-DFW on AA coming home from Christmas break on December 31, 2003, I believe. I had a right window seat and lucky for us, we took off eastbound on one of the north runways and I remember looking down and seeing the SAA 744 parked at the international terminal and was awed by the size of it even from about 500 feet or so. I didn't realize until later that that would be the last SAA 744 to see ATL as the A346 took over that flight the next day, Jan 1.
      Another one was when I saw a 747 for the first time. it was an Evergreen 742 that was taxiing by at DFW and I just stopped in my tracks and just watched it taxi by as we were walking to our gate.
      let's see...
      John Travolta's 707 at SAT, and watching an LX343 on approach to DFW and a BA777 (G-VIIK in her "animals and trees" world colors) also on approach from Six Flags. (If you go up in the tower you can see DFW)

Comment

Here's another for me... March last year, i went home to MNL from SFO... I was flying China Airlines then, so we left at 1 am... I had a seat on 57K(window seat on the starboard side of the a/c)... we took from 28L and as the plane was racing on the runway, i caught a glimpse on the UA 777 in the new livery (then) parked under a light near the hangars... it was definetly a good way to start my flight... and a good farewell to SFO... hehehe

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
        NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
        NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
        NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
        NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
          mine was i was flying with CX MNL-HKG-SFO... the gate where we disembarked in HKG was gate 41 to gate 2... (those whove been to HKG know how far this is...)... i had to walk for 30-35 minutes with a 7 kg gym bag and a backpack... but iwas well worth it, coz i had a chance to see all the planes that i wanted to see, i.e. CX A346, PR A330, CI 744, CI 738, etc... and when i got to the gate there was a CX A346 beside our plane... hehehe... no biggie...
          Originally posted by cx777
          Here's another for me... March last year, i went home to MNL from SFO... I was flying China Airlines then, so we left at 1 am... I had a seat on 57K(window seat on the starboard side of the a/c)... we took from 28L and as the plane was racing on the runway, i caught a glimpse on the UA 777 in the new livery (then) parked under a light near the hangars... it was definetly a good way to start my flight... and a good farewell to SFO... hehehe
          Since the topic asked for your BEST experience, which one is the best?

Comment

i think i like the UA 777 best... it was only a few weeks old then...

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
            NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
            NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
            NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
            NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Gate M2, First International Flight. Air Plus Comet flight 908, Chicago O'Hare to Malaga Spain. It was on an A310, EC-HLA. This was in March 2001.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
              October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

YYZ in the 80's

My favorite airport memorie are of watching the airplanes from the roof of Terminal 1 at YYZ. The occasions that stand out are some occasions in the mid-eighties when I was actually getting paid for it! I was working for a courier company, and was supposed to be picking up something at Air Canada cargo in the old cargo area. The shipment wasn't ready, and apparently wasn't going to be for half an hour or so. So I walked over to T1 and went up on the roof to watch the planes for 20 minutes. YYZ on a warm, clear summer evening in 1985 -- Air Canada Cargo DC-8s, British Midland 707, Air Canada, Wardair and CP Air 747s, CP Air, Nordair, Eastern Provincial Airlines and Pacific Western Airlines 737s, American Airlines and United 727s, etc., with a fine viewpoint. I wish I had been taking photos back then to capture the magic...

Comment

Going spotting at 6am when the visibility was incredibly low in fog...
                  Sitting underneath the approach path with my friend...
                  Hanging out at Wendy's...

Comment

I'm not gonna count all the memories I've made while actually piloting airplanes.
                    But my most memorable moment would have to be my first flight that I can remember from pbi-bos. We landed at 1130 or so at night and we took a shuttle bus to the airport hilton. They made a mistake and gave us a really high floor over looking the airport. I remember seeing Air Lingus and the AA hangar. And couldn't believe how many planes would land right in a row.
                    It was that night that I realized I wanted to be a pilot. I was 6 at the time.
                    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

oh there's a lot o good memories about in airport,
                      there's the first time when my stepfather asked me if i wanted to come and look at some planes at his work, I was 8 years old at that time, and i wasnt really yet into aviation, anyway i got to seat right beside him on the tug, we were pushing the-then flagship of SAS 763 .. and i thought that is one hell of a plane, that must be the biggest plane in the world, !well that's what i thought about the 767 ... all in all, that is one of my best memory being on the airside, now im a full time plane-geeky like the rest of you !!!
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

My best experience occured a few years ago. My family and I were trying to get back to Germany on a military World Airways DC-10 flight to FRA, but there was not enough room. We stayed at the USO for a few hours while my father went around the airport, trying to find the best fare for four one-way tickets to Germany in the middle of the summer leaving the next day (yikes!). He got our tickets, and we went to a hotel near the airport. I can remember sitting in the hotel room looking out the window and watching Delta L1011s, MD-11s, 757s, 767s, and Air Tran 737-200s take off. I eventually went outside adn heard ahuge rumbling sound. Turns out it was the DC-10 we were supposed to be on taking off.

Next day we boarder our US Air 737-200 to PIT and then a 767-200 to FRA.
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                          oh there's a lot o good memories about in airport,
                          there's the first time when my stepfather asked me if i wanted to come and look at some planes at his work, I was 8 years old at that time, and i wasnt really yet into aviation, anyway i got to seat right beside him on the tug, we were pushing the-then flagship of SAS 763 .. and i thought that is one hell of a plane, that must be the biggest plane in the world, !well that's what i thought about the 767 ... all in all, that is one of my best memory being on the airside, now im a full time plane-geeky like the rest of you !!!
                          Reminds me of the time I had to catch the plane to Bangkok from CPH... staring out of the gate window, right at the Thai 747 with the royal barge livery. I can still get tears in my eyes, thinking back to this experience, it felt like I could reach out my hand and touch it (then, I realized there was a window ) got to be one of my top 3 best experiences too. it was very emotional for me, I had to go see my best friend through three years for the first time in her country down under I'll never forget that.

Comment

Working...
                          X