which flight tri to sna, never have flown scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which flight tri to sna, never have flown scared

first off I am heading out to CA this summer to visit family. I am scared to flow because I am scared of the plane crashing. I have never flown before and if I chicken out it's a 52 hr Greyhound trip for me.

anyway I am heading out of TRI to SNA

Here's a couple of flights I can choose.

DELTA

TRI-ATL on a CRJ
    ATL-SNA on Boeing 757

or TRI-CVG on CRJ
    CVG-SLC on 767
    SLC-SNA on MD90

or TRI-CVG on CRJ
    CVG-SNA on 757

or

AA

TRI-BNA on J31
    BNA-DFW on MD80
    DFW-SNA on either MD80 or 737-800

Which would you choose being me who has never flown.

"hey man, if one engine fails, how far will the other one take us?"
    "All the way to the scene of the Crash! I'll bet we beat the paramedics there by 30 minutes!"

Little Ron White humor for ya

Seriously though flying is alot of fun especially the takeoff and the approach where you seem to come in low over the city. If I were you, I'd take Delta, because the 757 ride is like none other.

Comment

I don't know which flight you should choose (just choose which ever is the most convenient for you)...but if you really are scared of flying, you should definitely check out the Fear of Flying forum at airdisaster.com - the link to the forum is below.

http://www.airdisaster.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I would choose Delta over AA because of the Delta choices having a CRJ vs AA having a Jetstream 31. The CRJ carries around 50 passengers, where the Jetstream 31 only carries 19 passengers and doesn't have a flight attendant. The CRJ also has a better safety record than the Jetstream 31, although I wouldn't consider the Jetstream 31 to be unsafe.
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

A nice way to start a "carreer" of hight profile passenger is to pick up Delta which offers a wide variety of airliners, not less than 4 types, to sample and altogether give you a good glimpse on air travel. my ideas.
          TRI to SNA, 3 types for the price of two
          Even it's longer pick up the scenario invoving the
          CRJ and the world of regional jet
          767 to discover how is the going in a twin aisle airliner
          MD90 brings you the vision of a narrowbody single aisle and how about life in a large rear-engine mounted airliner, a configuration becoming less common.
          SNA to TRI, a fourth type in the opening log.
          scenario involving the 757 brings quite a few complementarities.
          Together with being a nice looking bird, the Seven-Five introduces you with the large size narrow-body with engine set underwings.
          Whichever your choice, enjoy your flight(s) and trip.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Delta seems to be what I'll go with as long as I get the nerve up to buy the ticket and drive. I've seen those J31's before and they are scary small in my opinion. I've never seen another jet larger than the CRJ's though. So I am sure I am in for a treat.

How's Delta's safety record, Boeing 757??

Comment

[QUOTE=E-Diddy If I were you, I'd take Delta, because the 757 ride is like none other.[/QUOTE]

?? Every one I've ever been on has been just like any other flying cattle car.... What is so "differrent" about a 757 ride?

Comment

Originally posted by sogosplfan
                How's Delta's safety record, Boeing 757??
                Not exactly sure about Delta's safety record, but I am sure that it is way better than Greyhound's. There is really no need to afraid.

Seriously, Delta's safety record is good, although it is not among the best in the world. It has a safety record comparable to any US majors. But flying in a regional jet rather than a 19-seat prop would certainly ease your fear.

I haven't been on a plane smaller than a 737-200 so I don't know how that feel. But the big jets that you will be connecting on, 757 or 767, will be comfortable. There may be occasional turbulence which will cause the plane to shake (in any directions, sometimes violently), but it is OK. It may be scary on the first ones, but you get used to it very quickly. Just keep your seat belt fastened ALL THE TIME (except when you need to go to washroom).
                Next:
                None Planned

Comment

first off I am heading out to CA this summer to visit family. I am scared to flow because I am scared of the plane crashing. I have never flown before and if I chicken out it's a 52 hr Greyhound trip for me.

anyway I am heading out of TRI to SNA

Here's a couple of flights I can choose.

DELTA

TRI-ATL on a CRJ
                  ATL-SNA on Boeing 757

or TRI-CVG on CRJ
                  CVG-SLC on 767
                  SLC-SNA on MD90

or TRI-CVG on CRJ
                  CVG-SNA on 757

or

AA

TRI-BNA on J31
                  BNA-DFW on MD80
                  DFW-SNA on either MD80 or 737-800

Which would you choose being me who has never flown.
                  You do realise you have a much better chance of the bus crashing and every one dieing than the plane crashing and everyone dieing.

Don't be scared, flying is by far the safest way to travel, just think about how often cars crash and kill people, then think about how often you hear a big comercail jet crash.

By the way, I would fly this:

or TRI-CVG on CRJ
                  CVG-SLC on 767
                  SLC-SNA on MD90

But the 757 and crj changing in ATL is my second choice

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                  Just keep your seat belt fastened ALL THE TIME (except when you need to go to washroom).
                  Why? If theres no turbulance on the flight and the seat belt sign is off, then you really don't need the seat belt
                  Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
                    Why? If theres no turbulance on the flight and the seat belt sign is off, then you really don't need the seat belt
                    Because if the aircraft goes through clear air turbulence (that is largely undetectable) and drops a few thousand feet in a short time, you won't be thrown into the ceiling of the aircraft. I'd rather the inconvenience of a sealtbelt, than a broken neck.

Remember such turbulence is rare, but does occasionally happen. A UA 747 out of Japan springs to mind. From memory a passenger died.

For the original poster, try this link. I think it might be helpful for you.
                    YBBN - James

Comment

You're much more likely to be in a bus crash than a plane crash. Go with the flight. Take something to distract you like a book, Game Boy, or music player.
                      It will be over before you know it.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I have flonw the BAE J-32 and honestly its just like flying a 757 or any other plane. The props are a bit louder yes. It does not handle turbulence as wlel as larger planes which is understandable, but I love flying the propellar one. But if the price is right and you feel more comfortable flying a jet, by all means go with DL and the CRJ, either way I wish yuo the best of Luck in your flying trips.
                        Alex
                        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
                          Fly a flight from Tokyo to Taipei (or any points in S.E. Asia beyond Taipei) any time any day (or vice versa) and you can answer the question yourself.

Bottomline is we are not so technologically advanced that we can detect all turbulence before we hit them.
                          Next:
                          None Planned

Comment

I have 12 days off from work so time is not an issue. I am considering Greyhound for the fact that I could see so much of the country along the way. I'd be traveling from VA to CA.

Any more flying input?

Comment

I have 12 days off from work so time is not an issue. I am considering Greyhound for the fact that I could see so much of the country along the way. I'd be traveling from VA to CA.

Any more flying input?
                              Well, the Greyhound trip will be much more exhausting than a flight, and personally, a flight is much more interesting than a bus ride. Sure you might get to see more of the country if you go by bus, but aerial views are far more spectacular than most things ever seen from a bus.

And, the fact that you have never flown before makes this trip of yours a good time for you to start. It's fun!

EDIT: If you decide to fly there, try and get a window seat. It'll make the trip more interesting, and generally looking out of the window while in a plane can make the experience less scary than what it would be if you were in the middle of the cabin having no idea what's going on outside.
                              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                              X