Why do alot of people hate Airbus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cx777
    Yea? My dad was stationed at Yokosuka NB... Lived there for 2 years...
    My family is currently at Yokota. Movin back to the US in June though

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      You must love yokota huh? I do...hehehe
      -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
      EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
      NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
      NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
      NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
      NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Yeah how is Yokota? Im actually in Okinawa. I LOVE Okinawa. Kinda reminds me of home. But i do plan on visiting mainland Japan someday. (On a Boeing of course) j/k.
        "If it weren't for the 777LR, I would love the A345"

Comment

You must love yokota huh? I do...hehehe
          oh yeah. I live pretty close to the runway too. So many times that I've almost run off the road because I was lookin at an airplane . I really miss Japan and I'm so not thrilled that my parents are moving back here

Comment

oh yeah. I live pretty close to the runway too. So many times that I've almost run off the road because I was lookin at an airplane . I really miss Japan and I'm so not thrilled that my parents are moving back here
            If my memory is correct, the base is divided into 2 by a road, ryt?

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
            NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
            NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
            NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
            NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

yeah, because boeing's management is completely clean *cough 767 tanker contract*
              Babe Ruth drank, smoked and ate too much. (esentially harming himself) and still acomplished what he did. Bonds needs steroids to get anywhere near the leval of Ruth.

Boeing may have needed tax insentives, Japan and shaddy tanker deals, but they are still BOEING. Airbus needs government fail proof subsides to get anywhere near Boeing.

That is why I said that. Belive it or not, I did think about the tanker deal and such before I said it.
              THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
              Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
              George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

If my memory is correct, the base is divided into 2 by a road, ryt?
                if you meant runway, then you are correct. On each over run there is a road that goes over it that you can't cross when a plane is taking off or landing. I just wish the base was a little busier. Though there was this one time when I was 45 mins late for work because there were like 3 c-130s in the pattern doing touch and goes and they wouldn't let any cars cross....that SUCKED.

Comment

if you meant runway, then you are correct. On each over run there is a road that goes over it that you can't cross when a plane is taking off or landing. I just wish the base was a little busier. Though there was this one time when I was 45 mins late for work because there were like 3 c-130s in the pattern doing touch and goes and they wouldn't let any cars cross....that SUCKED.
                  BTw, has there been any major changes on the base?

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                  NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                  NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                  NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                  NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                    I hate Airbus because they have turned piloting commercial airliners into one of the most boring things on earth.

I see so many photos of Airbus pilots sitting in the cockpit with their hands in their laps as the computer putt putts them around the sky.

What ever happened to the aviators of yesterday? Pilots are just button pushers now...how can you fly an aircraft the size of a 340-600 using a tiny side-stick. It doesnt even work like a normal stick...it induces a roll rate, not a flight control deflection. Same for the rudders. AA587 wouldnt have happened on a Boeing.

I miss flight engineers, navigators and the like, steam gauges, and pilots who actually FLEW the aircraft.

When I was young all I dreamed of was becoming a pilot...I read Ernest Gahn and Saint Exupery, Rick Drury and Assen Jordanoff, aspiring to one day become one of them, a true pilot. These men had SKILL. They were in control of their aircraft from the moment the engines started, because it was a matter of life or death in most cases. Tex Johnson didn't have fly-by-wire when he rolled the 707. Alfred Haynes was not using a joystick to fly United 232 into Sioux City.

These days its all button pushing nonsense. Sure...its economical...the airlines dont have to pay for someone to monitor engines and fuel, and the same pilot can fly 6 different airplanes with minimal new training.

But it is not FLYING.

At the least Boeing has conserved YOKES and airplanes that fly like airplanes, and for the moment still make airplanes with character...but they are headed the same way too.

I am in love with flying from 1903-1980...

Welcome to nwa Northwest Airlines

Comment

BTw, has there been any major changes on the base?
                      depends when you were there last. In 2002 they resurfaced the runway (probably because they knew I was going to start flying at the flying club and decided they needed stronger concrete to put up with my landings). They also have a brand new community center that now houses the BX, Commissary, Food court, and a few other stores like the barber shop, 100 yen store, and a few other venders. There's also a new kanto lodge that opened up that is pretty damn nice, the old one doesn't exist anymore....I gotta stop now, you're making he homesick

Originally posted by chrisburns
                      wtf does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                        I hate Airbus because they have turned piloting commercial airliners into one of the most boring things on earth.

I see so many photos of Airbus pilots sitting in the cockpit with their hands in their laps as the computer putt putts them around the sky.

What ever happened to the aviators of yesterday? Pilots are just button pushers now...how can you fly an aircraft the size of a 340-600 using a tiny side-stick. It doesnt even work like a normal stick...it induces a roll rate, not a flight control deflection. Same for the rudders. AA587 wouldnt have happened on a Boeing.

I miss flight engineers, navigators and the like, steam gauges, and pilots who actually FLEW the aircraft.

When I was young all I dreamed of was becoming a pilot...I read Ernest Gahn and Saint Exupery, Rick Drury and Assen Jordanoff, aspiring to one day become one of them, a true pilot. These men had SKILL. They were in control of their aircraft from the moment the engines started, because it was a matter of life or death in most cases. Tex Johnson didn't have fly-by-wire when he rolled the 707. Alfred Haynes was not using a joystick to fly United 232 into Sioux City.

These days its all button pushing nonsense. Sure...its economical...the airlines dont have to pay for someone to monitor engines and fuel, and the same pilot can fly 6 different airplanes with minimal new training.

But it is not FLYING.

At the least Boeing has conserved YOKES and airplanes that fly like airplanes, and for the moment still make airplanes with character...but they are headed the same way too.

I am in love with flying from 1903-1980...
                        Amen I love the old airliners, although I am still impressed with modern airliners. I dont hate Airbus. I have just always flown Boeing and loved it. BTW, these are true airline workhorses:
                        [photoid=468466]
                        [photoid=351861]
                        [photoid=455246]
                        [photoid=470485]
                        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I gotta stop now, you're making he homesick
                          Sorry bout that... i hust miss japan so much!!! i stayed at kanto lodge... didnt like it...

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                          NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                          NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                          NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                          NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Ugh never mind, talking about aircraft
                              DC-9's 742's, DC-10's

Comment

Ugh never mind, talking about aircraft
                                DC-9's 742's, DC-10's
                                Ad a very very large Airbus fleet that is causing my DC-9 f/o friend to have to do 320/319 training.

Not to mention you are replacing perfectly good DC-10s with 330s

Comment

Working...
                                X