Tristars at GLA this Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tristars at GLA this Summer

In this months Airliner World magazine, it has been reported that Air Scotland will begin services from GLA-JFK,MIA,YYZ and Havana usng Tristars.

It will be great to see Tristars flying again as they look great aircraft (even though ive never flown on one). It is interesting that Air Scotland has selected this aircraft and not 332s or 310s. Also Air Scotland is a low cost airline so im curious what the fares and service will be like.

Squeaky
    "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
    EMA-PRG Easyjet
    PRG-EMA Easyjet

The are planning to lease both Greece Al. (SX-CVA & CVB and maybe a third?? CVD) TriStar's from Greece. I hope this will work for them. Would be nice to see a TriStar in Air Scotland coulours.

Rgds,
    ErwinS
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I got to fly on Royal Jordanian Tristar back in 91, great plane and a different experience from flying Boeing or Airbus.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS
        The are planning to lease both Greece Al. (SX-CVA & CVB and maybe a third?? CVD) TriStar's from Greece. I hope this will work for them. Would be nice to see a TriStar in Air Scotland coulours.

Rgds,
        ErwinS
        Im not 100% sure or have a source, however I believed that these leased planes were from Air Transat?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
          Im not 100% sure or have a source, however I believed that these leased planes were from Air Transat?
          GeeBee air brought those TriStar's to Greece on lease from a leasing comp who bought them from AT, but that deal fell through. After that they were picked up by Greece Airlines and I've heard that they are the source to supply the 1011's to Air Scotland.

Rgds,
          ErwinS
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

They are planning to start Iraq service routed Glasgow-Stanstead-Arbil-Baghdad.

Arbil is in Kurdish part of Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky
              In this months Airliner World magazine, it has been reported that Air Scotland will begin services from GLA-JFK,MIA,YYZ and Havana usng Tristars.
              Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Best news that I have heard in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
                They are planning to start Iraq service routed Glasgow-Stanstead-Arbil-Baghdad.

Arbil is in Kurdish part of Iraq.
                I presume that was intended as a joke.....
                View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

No it wasnt, http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=461872005

Comment

Air Scotland/Greece Airways are owned by an Iraqi immigrant, so not surprising the plan to fly to Iraq.

Stansted to Baghdad flights are on the way
                    By David Millward, Transport Correspondent
                    (Filed: 11/05/2005)

An Iraqi-born businessman has applied to run a regular air service to Baghdad.

Dhia Al-Ani, the owner of Air Scotland and Greece Airways, said yesterday that he has asked the Department of Transport for a licence to run two flights a week to Baghdad and a third to Irbil, in Kurdish northern Iraq. They would leave from Stansted airport in Essex and from Glasgow.

Mr Al-Ani, who arrived in Britain 23 years ago and has a Scottish wife, hopes
                    to start the flights in November for a return fare of around £500. "The price
                    is high because of the cost of insurance, but I expect it to drop to around
                    £300 as the situation becomes normal," he said.

Commercial services from Baghdad to Amman and Dubai are, he said, now running without any problems. Mr Al-Ani believes that many Iraqis will be keen to visit Britain, as it used to be a popular holiday destination.

"I think those flying from Britain will mainly be people involved in the
                    reconstruction of Iraq," he said. "It is probably a bit early to talk about
                    taking tourists there."

Source: The Telegraph.

Comment

Working...
                    X