UAL Strike Rehtoric Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAL Strike Rehtoric Rising

Snip.......While we still hope to reach an agreement with the company, Local Lodge Strike Committees should be prepared to have the membership immediately walk off the job and onto picket lines if the judge rules against us on United's motion to terminate our collective bargaining agreements......end

Is this the beginning of the END for UAL. A strike is the last thing that UAL needs they will have to do a lot of new hire training before they are able to fly again, Im afraid that would be the final curtian as PAX confidence will all be gone.

Tilton needs to RESIGN.....NOW!!!!

Noo!!! I am going to fly UAL from SEA-DEN, HKG-NRT, and NRT-SEA.

Comment

Thank the union, then let 'em fold.

Frontier will love moving to concourse B.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN

Jeff Lets Not Forget to BLAME Where it is DUE as well......Management!!!! They certianly havent been flexible

Comment

yeah, its the union's fault they dont have pensions anymore....wait

Comment

Another brilliant post

Comment

That is the worst post by person.

Comment

Originally posted by rsmith6621a
                Jeff Lets Not Forget to BLAME Where it is DUE as well......Management!!!! They certianly havent been flexible
                The Management and the Unions at UAL both share the blame equally for destroying UAL. The unions were only worried about squeezing UAL for every dollar they could and the management, well we all know how they think, they created TED, what else can I say.

Comment

I agree with Tommyalf. It takes two to tango. There is so much navel gazing on both sides they forget to look after the Customer.

Comment

This is one of the few times I agree with Randy. Yes, management is a big player in this, as is their union. Unfortunately I think any change will be too little too late.

I still say let them fold, they didn't figure out how to play the game. Some one else will pick up the pieces and be competitive.

pbateson, chris.. ,.|..

Comment

As much as JeffinDEN grates at you like sandpaper, he has a point. The airlines would be doing much better without unions. That being said, it would be much harder to get employees to take pay cuts without a union. Also, airlines would be better off if the CEO's didn't make millions while they cut 400+ jobs to save $13 million per year. (one example)
                      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

[QUOTE=wannabepilot777] The airlines would be doing much better without unions. That being said, it would be much harder to get employees to take pay cuts without a union.

WRONG.....The company wouldnt have to worry about paycuts because there wouldnt be any pay to cut.

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                        Also, airlines would be better off if the CEO's didn't make millions while they cut 400+ jobs to save $13 million per year. (one example)
                        How much did AS pay out in Executive bonuses last year??????....they could have saves some there to.

Comment

Originally posted by rsmith6621a
                          It was mostly employees both times. UAL thought in the late 90s they could get away with fewer pilots and overtime; however, the pilots union started a work to rule and screwed United. I admit it was a management error, but it only really hurt the company because of the work to rule. Furthermore, this time, it is not United's management that is to blame (they have done some pretty impressive things with costs), but the unioins (only if they strike). Right now, everyone is doing a pretty good job, but if the unions at UAL strike, it will be their fault the airline went down - not the management's.

BTW, I know it sucks to have your pension scrapped and pay cut, but if the employees at UA don't allow for that, then they won't have a job and they also won't have a pension. If they don't like the cuts - quit.
                          - Fly United -
                          My photos.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedFlyer
                            BTW, I know it sucks to have your pension scrapped and pay cut, but if the employees at UA don't allow for that, then they won't have a job and they also won't have a pension. If they don't like the cuts - quit.
                            How true. Unfortunately, many people rely on their company for a pension. That is a bad move when you can do it yourself and make much more money. But, most people take the easy way, and then point their finger when someone else screws up on their behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedFlyer
                              It was mostly employees both times. UAL thought in the late 90s they could get away with fewer pilots and overtime; however, the pilots union started a work to rule and screwed United.
                              dude, pilots flying tired is a really bad thing, management really shouldn't try to stretch out times that they have to work cause if that happens you'll have more mishaps. Flyling is tiring even if its goin well. Right now jetblue is trying to convince the FAA to relax some of its duty day limitations so they can have pilots fly from the east coast to the west coast and back in one day, that's just too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X