Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most dangerous airfields?

Hi!

I'm just trying to set up a list of the most dangeous airfields on earth.
    Currently I'm thinking about airfields like these ones:

- Courchevel Altiport, France
    - La Paz, Bolivia (not an airfield actually, but not more traffic than an regular airfield )
    - Small unnamed landing strip at the Laguna Colorada in Bolivia (14.000 ft altidute)

Any more ideas?
    Think this could get an interesting thread. Especially because of new ideas for holiday destinations.

Best regards,
    Sascha

http://www.dangerousairports.com/
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Thanks for the link...
      But there are still some interesting airfields missing. This list only contains only ICAO airfields and the screenshots are flightsim only.

I'm sure there are a lot more airfields like these ones and that's why I asked for your ideas. Just found this airfield that is also not part of the list:
      Closer in on app to Rwy 10.This approach comes in at 45-55 degrees to the runway and rollout at about 150'.Windshear often reuires a go-around.Makes Kai Tak look like a walk in the park compared to this place.. VH-TQS. Bombardier Dash 8-Q202. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Sascha

Comment

I had heard KSAN was supposedly dangerous... true or not?
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Dont know if they are dangerous but FNC and INN have spectacular approaches.
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

Aspen Pitkin County Airport

Comment

I really really wanna fly into Paro, Bhutan. not just fo the approach, the country sounds really interesting to me.

Comment

Banff field (now closed)
                Castlegar

Comment

Any airport in the Northern half of Southeast Alaska I see Juneau made the list
                  You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Ege
                    Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      I had heard KSAN was supposedly dangerous... true or not?
                      I have often heard that KSAN is one of the top US airports on the dangerous list. I also have heard that Burbank is high on the dangerous list due to the fairly short runway and its close proximity to the terminal area.

The St Thomas, Virgin Islands airport used to be a very dangerous airport, but I believe they have done things to make that airport much less dangerous.
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

What I mean are small airfields and landing strips. All lists available so far are far away from beeing complete or close to complete.
                        I just remember that I saw a book with stunning photos of mountain airfields in Indonesia (served by local airlines!). Furthermore I've read about an incountable amount of landing strips in the jungle of Bolivia and Brazil. Many of them must be far more dangerous than Lukla, Courchevel and others.

Sascha

Comment

Working...
                        X