AF's 777 @ ATL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF's 777 @ ATL!

Saw it land last week, and I must say that it was breathtaking!
    Anyway, why was the A340 taken off of the route? Will it be put back on later?

Also, South African uses an A340 to do Atlanta to Johannesburg, but how long is this route?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Originally posted by AA 1818

Also, South African uses an A340 to do Atlanta to Johannesburg, but how long is this route?

The afternoon AF flight is an A340 for most of the year, with the 777 taking over from April until October.

JNB-SID(Sal, Cape Verde Island)-ATL is 8496 miles.

Comment

I'm still hoping that AF starts using the 773ER to ATL. If ATL can handle the A346, it should be easily able to handle the 773ER. I can dream, right ?

Comment

Re:

I'm flying out to India in winter this year and have been booked on AF from ATL to BOM via CDG, the aircraft is a 332 for ATL-CDG. If anyone has more info on this, go ahead and post it.

Foxtrot

Comment

Are you going to BOM on AF all the way?

I was thinking about buying tickets for Divali and I was getting a great deal on Alitalia through Milan. I was getting a similar fare on DL to go through CDG, and AF was not much higher. Which one has better service and IFE?

Anyway, for the South African route, how long will the flight be?

Comment

Re:

Just checked again today, equipment between CDG and ATL is now a 343, between CDG and BOM is a 343 as well. We'll be flying DL from OKC to ATL and from ATL back to OKC. But ATL-CDG-BOM is all AF, and BOM-CDG-ATL is all AF again for us.

Btw, the aircraft listed in the AF schedules isn't correct, I asked two AF agents today and they both said that they're all 343's. I just hope AF doesn't change aircraft again, it will be a pain to get seats again.

If you're going in October though, for ATL-CDG it will be a 332 w/ AF. In any case, you'll have a PTV for ATL-CDG and for CDG-BOM.

Foxtrot

Comment

i flew that route on a 744(just by chance, we took of on dec. 7 2003, at 10:45), and its 17 hours out, and 22 back(with a stop over in the cape verde islands to re-fuel)
              ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

AF routinely rotates their aircraft choice(s) for the ATL route due to both season and sustained business demand.

During the high-business periods, you'll usually see 772ER and A332 working together.

During the summer travel season, typically A332 to cater to premium traffic and A343 to handle tourists.

During the low season, you'll often see as little as a single A343, to handle what traffic remains.
                Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Thanks! That was what exactly the infor I was looking for. Have they had the A332 fly to ATL this year? I haven't seen it here yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X