X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emirates: 50
    Etihad: 10
    US Airways: 20
    And probably Iberia, SAS, Air France or Lufthansa would make up the rest.

I think Qatar would prefer 787 to the A350. A350 may be too large for Qatar. While Emirates and Etihad have no interest in any small planes, Qatar is never shy of operating those. And it finds business opportunities with its fleet of A319/A320 too, since Emirates would probably not able to fly its A330 into places like Yangon profitably. The 787 would fit nicely into Qatar's business model.

There are simply a lot of airlines that needs to get their 1980s twin engined widebodies (i.e. 767, A300, A310) replaced. The replacement market alone is large enough to support both programs.
    Next:
    None Planned

Comment

Air France : I don't think so, or when lots will have made their minds
      I much bet more on Lufthansa, which is a far better loyal customer than AF
      In addition to itself, LH would also bring in
      - Swiss,
      - Austrian,
      - Bmi in the longer term
      altogether convince both SAS and TAP
      and persuade Aer Lingus, Iberia and possibly Finnair thanks to prestige
      With an average 5 to 10 planes per player, plus LH proper commitment, we don't speak of triple digits but a great leap forward to them can be instantly taken !
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I wouldn't be too sure about Lufthansa. Sure, they are a loyal Airbus customer, but they are still looking at a replacement for their ageing A300s and A310s on short intra-German/European flights, routes where an A350 would be overkill, both range- and wingspan-wise. Therefore I'd say LH is a more likely candidate for the 787, especially the 783. But that would be another specific topic.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyboeingifly
          well maybe they're thinking they got the 50 from Emirates;

Emirates- 50
          US/HP- 20
          Air Europa- 10

Thats 80 only 20 left; Qatar????????
          Emirates is iffy, but I still think that its possible for them to go 787.

US/HP- I dont know about that, i dont know what routes they would run them on, but I guess only time will tell.

Air France- With all the ordering from Boeing that they have been doing lately, my guess is they will go with the 787.

Qatar- It was released by a news source that it would be the 787

Lufthansa- Granted yes a very loyal Airbus operator, but wasnt the same true for NW?

Eithad- Ive heard different things, but more so in Boeings favor.

Its a tough call for any airline, now airbus is saying that it will have the same commnality as the A330, but yet they tell NW that they wont guarantee that because likely it wont have the same type rating??????

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            Its a tough call for any airline, now airbus is saying that it will have the same commnality as the A330, but yet they tell NW that they wont guarantee that because likely it wont have the same type rating??????
            I think 'bus is talking about cockpit commonality, which is likely, but not promising the same type rating, which is probably what NW wants, so that its 330 pilots can have a much quicker transition to the 350. Similar to 757/767 common type rating.

Since the type rating will likely be different between the 33/50, they went with the B787, since pilots will require additional training regardless of going with either the B787 or 350.

Comment

I do believe that the A350 will be more than a A330NG. I think that Airbus have realized that a A330NG could not compete with a so innovative B787 in the long run. If they can go for a new plane now it's much better than just delaying the problem like Boeing did with the B737NG, in my opinion.

And with a new plane, yes, I think they will have at least 100 orders at the next Paris Airshow.

Launch customer: US.

Regards.
              TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

If we are talking a new fuselage then can we expect any kind of innovations on the 'all new' 350?

Maybe some bigger windows and tricked out sharky styling? (no seriously why not, If Boeing can do the windows why not Airbus? or do you need an all composite hull for that?).

I mean I've heard them say the interior will be better than the 787, so I just want to see how.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Well windows are only of limited importance on a widebody - aren´t they ?

Comment

Working...
                  X