Will AF ever send their 773ER to LAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will AF ever send their 773ER to LAX?

Will AF CDG-LAX and vice versa ever get a 773ER anytime in the future? Also, will BA ever send the T7 to LAX? It seems that LAX is a haven for 747's. While thats ok, id love to see more T7's at LAX such as BA, AF, and Alitalia (would love for them to come back to LAX). Any thoughts?
    "If it weren't for the 777LR, I would love the A345"

Considering LA is one of many 'flagship' routes for european airlines they usualy fly with a full aircraft. The 744's have a higher capacity than the 777's and therfor get used on markets where the demand is constantly at a high level. I think to be honest its also a case of airlines knowing passengers prefer to fly on the 744's due to there public image of still being the ultimate long haul aircraft to fly.

Comment

I just hope they get those 773ERs to BOS
      Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

IIRC, AF once stated in a press release that sometime down the road, they will put the 77W on the CDG-LAX-PPT flight. Not sure if they still plan on doing that, though.

Comment

They may do it sooner than we think should the 744 capacity is criticaly needed on some routes served daily. Unlike LH, AF has a pretty limited number of 744s in services, just 16 in full pax.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

They stated a while ago that they would... I'd be very surprised if we don't see them there eventually, as they're tailored for higher-yielding markets than are the airline's 747s.
            Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy
              They stated a while ago that they would... I'd be very surprised if we don't see them there eventually, as they're tailored for higher-yielding markets than are the airline's 747s.
              Yep, AF's 747s don't have first class, while their 777s do.

Comment

Working...
              X