HP/US Merger to be announced..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP/US Merger to be announced..

A good source for me tells me that the US/HP merger will be announced at or just a little after 4pm eastern... we'll see...
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
    A good source for me tells me that the US/HP merger will be announced at or just a little after 4pm eastern... we'll see...
    Still got time to dump or load up on AWA or USAir stock

Comment

CNBC has been reporting for about an hour that trading in AWA has been halted for "pending news". As of 4:48 PM EDT nothing has been announced. I'm guessing 5 pm EDT will be the time it will be announced, as there as a number of earnings reports being announced during the 4 o'clock hour.

Comment

Ok, so Southwest will now take complete control of Phoenix, Las Vegas, Pittsburg and Philly, Delta will grab the service to the small communities along the east, all the Chautauqua ERJs being used by US to expand service at LGA and BOS, NW will rebuild their DCA focus city, Spirit will grow at FLL, etc etc.

And yes, I am not very optimistic about a HP/US merger helping any of them.

Comment

Past 5 now. Anybody heard anything yet?
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Nope, all the news articles that keep saying there is going to be a merger are nearly two hours old.
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

It looks official now. The entire news release is being posted in this thread on the other site. I'm still looking for another link that confirms it. Anyway, I guess we can trust this:

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              It looks official now. The entire news release is being posted in this thread on the other site. I'm still looking for another link that confirms it. Anyway, I guess we can trust this:
              http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2121731/
              And the best quote so far:
              The merger is expected to create one of the industry's most financially stable players, with over $10 billion in annual revenues and a strong balance sheet that includes approximately $2 billion in total cash at closing with which to weather the current industry environment and fund further growth strategies.

Comment

has the link to the press release

Comment

Working...
                X