Closeup Pic of Damaged NW DC-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closeup Pic of Damaged NW DC-9

Remember the NW DC-9 that hit the other NW Airbus last week? Here's a closeup pic I received from a friend. Chrisburns looks like the DC-9 was damaged a bit more that we originally thought.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Wow, that's worse than I thought it would be. Probably a stupid question, but is that fixable, or is that plane NW's next retiring DC-9?

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

It certainly makes me appreciate how the pilots got away with few injuries

Comment

Wow, if that wing would have been a foot closer to the grond the pilot would probably have been killed.
        A bit of "luck" in a bad situation I guess..

Comment

Amazing the pilots surrvived. It looks so much worse in the close up.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

In a related story NWA retires yet another DC-9....

Scrap it!!!
            O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

This kind of damage is physically repairable. It will be the insurance company's call, based on cost vs. value.

Comment

It looks like a total loss to me. Given the planes age and damage!!
                SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

ouch, imagine if it was a plane that isn't as strong as the dc-9

Comment

They should scrap it for sure. I wouldn't trust flying in a plane that got fixed up after that kind of a hit.

Besides, that plane was probably first built in the Triassic period.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Havn't heard this story. Can someone point out?

Comment

I just fueled that Bus last week too. I recognize the missing KLM Reliability thing Sticker. Damn, thats a shame!
                        Ryan Davis
                        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Talking to my dad after showing him, he doesnt know anything of what went on, the company is not saying anything, he hopes to find out more Sunday when he has his check-ride.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                            Talking to my dad after showing him, he doesnt know anything of what went on, the company is not saying anything, he hopes to find out more Sunday when he has his check-ride.
                            I have a feeling it will be a while before any new facts come out on this incident. There is an interesting theory on what may have happened in the Airdisaster site. http://www.airdisaster.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73066
                            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
                              I have a feeling it will be a while before any new facts come out on this incident. There is an interesting theory on what may have happened in the Airdisaster site. http://www.airdisaster.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73066
                              Thats interesting, though im having trouble believing that based on what has already been heard, let alone it wasnt an A320. The pilot apparently called for a tow, however, since they still had breaks and steering after exiting the runway, the operations told them to continue taxi. Once the breaks were released everything dropped like a rock.

Then again, my dad should find out more this week while hes in Minneapolis, this is just what he has been told what happened, but the company themeselves is not saying anything, which leads me more to believe the operations told them to continue to taxi. Then again, NW does like to defend their employees in situations, well see what comes of this.

Also, all hospitalized people are now out of the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X