Kabo air 747's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kabo air 747's

Kabo air of Nigeria seems to have quite many B747's. What routes do they fly with them? I haven't seen those planes in Europe or anywhere else for that matter...

They used to. Mostly operated from Kano, in the north of Nigeria and mostly to Jeddah plus charters.
    Besides a substantial fleet of 727 was plying the domestic routes. On the paper ...
    Let me explain, typical of most privately hold Nigerian airlines, Kabo used for instance to buy for instance 4 747s, all high-flyers, what came next was using up what was left in the potential flying hours left. When time was up and beyond by an average 800/1,000 additionnal hours, aircraft was parked and ultimately used as a christmas tree. At one time, they was a pile-up of 150+ airframes left there and then by different airlines.
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thanks for info. Looks like they had 3 B747-100's and 4 B747-200's in 2002, i wonder how many of those are still operational. My guess is that they keep couple of them airworthy mainly for Hadji services.

Comment

Not only for Hadj, for year round services from Kano, Nigeria's top muslim city and populated by trade-versed Hahussas. I think they in fact NEVER had the whole 7 Jumbos operating at the same time, I would bet on half the paper fleet !
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
        X