Dallas Chamber Enters Wright Amendment Fray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Chamber Enters Wright Amendment Fray

Aviation experts who make up part of the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce Task Force Thursday came out in favor of repealing the Wright Amendment, which restricts long-haul flights out of Dallas' Love Field.

Until Thursday's recommendation, Southwest Airlines, which uses Love Field as its main hub, had been the primary force behind the amendment's repeal. Southwest officials want to offer long-haul service from its base.

D/FW Airport management, which want to see the Wright Amendment remain in force, recently announced the results of a different study that forecast economic damage to the North Texas region if the restrictions were lifted. The task force findings presented evidence of economic growth without the amendment.

- The baby will be back -

Originally posted by babypurin
    Aviation experts who make up part of the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce Task Force Thursday came out in favor of repealing the Wright Amendment, which restricts long-haul flights out of Dallas' Love Field.

Until Thursday's recommendation, Southwest Airlines, which uses Love Field as its main hub, had been the primary force behind the amendment's repeal. Southwest officials want to offer long-haul service from its base.

D/FW Airport management, which want to see the Wright Amendment remain in force, recently announced the results of a different study that forecast economic damage to the North Texas region if the restrictions were lifted. The task force findings presented evidence of economic growth without the amendment.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4509640/detail.html
    and once again...how is this different from ORD/MDW? IAH/HOU? LAX/BUR etc etc, STL/BLV, MCO/SFB, IAD/DAC/BWI, JFK/EWR/LGA, DTW/Flint, I swear to god American Airlines GROW THE FVCK UP!!!!!! Get rid of the amendment and let Southwest Airlines fly whereever the hell they want. This is making me mad, I hate that AA is blubbering over this. As well as the airport.
    Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

OK seroiusly.... what actual evidence did DFW give to support the keeping of the ammendment? I mean can't everyone see that this is a protectionist move to keep AA up and running? Is there another reason? I can't see any other reasons and I think that everyone should see the truth, this is ILLEGAL!
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
        OK seroiusly.... what actual evidence did DFW give to support the keeping of the ammendment? I mean can't everyone see that this is a protectionist move to keep AA up and running? Is there another reason? I can't see any other reasons and I think that everyone should see the truth, this is ILLEGAL!
        Someone told me this analogy of the wright amendment the other day.

Imagine you own a small mom-and-pop gas station that has been in you family for years. Now a corporate gas station builds across the street and gets the village board to restrict the potential customers to your station by passing a law stating the the only cars you are allowed to fuel are VW beetles and Plumoth Horizons and they can only get gas by parking a mile away and having to walk and fill gas cans. Of course you will not have as many customers.

WAY TO GO NORTH DALLAS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE!!!

SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

It makes perfect sense for the Dallas Chamber to support the repeal because it would allow those business people to fly long-haul from an airport close to downtown Dallas and to do it in an affordable way. At least it's getting some political support now.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
          X