NorthWest Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorthWest Strike

If NW goes on Strike do you guys think it will only be at there main hub or do you think any thing will happen at SFO as well as the main hub. I know its probably a dumn question since SFO is not really a main airport for NW. Just wanted to know since I'm a Freelance photographer and I what to get any kind of news worthy pics for the local newspaper.

-Nick R.

Once NW went on strike and they parked 2 or 3 aircraft at SFO such as a 742 and a 757 and I think an A320 by the DHL cargo apron. They sat there until the strike was over. So mabey you will see things happen at SFO.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

You likely wont see anything, NW will maintain a full schedule or close to full schedule throughout the strike, the last strike that i believe Crunkballa is talking about is the pilots strike, which of course will shut down the airline. Where as this time the mechanics are striking and wont shut down the airline. I dont think NW has mechanics at SFO so likely just normal operations.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
        You likely wont see anything, NW will maintain a full schedule or close to full schedule throughout the strike, the last strike that i believe Crunkballa is talking about is the pilots strike, which of course will shut down the airline. Where as this time the mechanics are striking and wont shut down the airline. I dont think NW has mechanics at SFO so likely just normal operations.
        Ya that was the pilots strike, and I highly doubt NW has mechanics at SFO, I have never heard of it at least. So its very doubtfull, i forgot last time was a pilots strike.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
          Ya that was the pilots strike, and I highly doubt NW has mechanics at SFO, I have never heard of it at least. So its very doubtfull, i forgot last time was a pilots strike.
          1998, I got to march with my dad and several other pilots in the labor day parade in Denver when that was going on

Comment

It sounds like NWA has gotten an injunction to prevent other unions from joining the strike, so this should improve their chances of continuing with normal operations.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
            X