X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WN Cargo Continues Domination

I just had to brag on my department!

SWA Cargo Wins 2005 Quest for Quality

For the 12th time overall and tenth consecutive year, the Southwest Airlines Cargo Department has earned the Quest for Quality Award, this time for 2005. The award is a result of an annual survey conducted by Logistics Management magazine, where 2,000+ shippers ranked their transportation service providers on a variety of performance criteria: On-Time Performance, Value, Information Technology, Customer Service, and Equipment & Operations.

Southwest again took home top honors among domestic carriers, and our overall score ranked second among all 16 of the air carrier award winners.

"It is truly an honor to be recognized for our efforts in providing the best cargo service in the industry," said Director of Cargo Mack Sikorski. "We strive everyday for the kind of consistency and excellence shippers expect in air cargo service."
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Originally posted by PT737SWA
    I just had to brag on my department!

SWA Cargo Wins 2005 Quest for Quality

For the 12th time overall and tenth consecutive year, the Southwest Airlines Cargo Department has earned the Quest for Quality Award, this time for 2005. The award is a result of an annual survey conducted by Logistics Management magazine, where 2,000+ shippers ranked their transportation service providers on a variety of performance criteria: On-Time Performance, Value, Information Technology, Customer Service, and Equipment & Operations.

Southwest again took home top honors among domestic carriers, and our overall score ranked second among all 16 of the air carrier award winners.

"It is truly an honor to be recognized for our efforts in providing the best cargo service in the industry," said Director of Cargo Mack Sikorski. "We strive everyday for the kind of consistency and excellence shippers expect in air cargo service."

Uh congrats, but who exactly are your competitors, since WN is virtually the only "domestic only" airline?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
      Uh congrats, but who exactly are your competitors, since WN is virtually the only "domestic only" airline?
      That's a good question, I'm pretty sure it also includes the legacies that serve both markets.

Comment

That's a good question, I'm pretty sure it also includes the legacies that serve both markets.
        It is, Southwest is being compared to AA, CO, NWA, DL DOMESTICALLY. They need to re-word it so it says....

"took home top honors among the other carriers domestic routes."

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Oh, ok, because I know that those 13 NW 742's in all Cargo that fly around every day typically take quite a load.

Comment

What do they carry? Small packages? You can only stuff so much cargo into a 737. What's the max weight of a piece of cargo Southwest accepts?

Still an honour. Nice to recognize the employees for their hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
              What do they carry? Small packages? You can only stuff so much cargo into a 737. What's the max weight of a piece of cargo Southwest accepts?

Still an honour. Nice to recognize the employees for their hard work.
              150 pounds max per piece since they're handled by hand (union rules). We carry everything except animals and hazardous materials.

Comment

I must say Southwest does a sh!t load of cargo at PVD. Sea Food out the @$$ is being loaded onto those planes... its crazy. WN has it down for cargo I must say, more than any other airline that I have seen at PVD. I just wouldnt ship anything fragile lol.. not to speak negative but here, the fragile sticker doesnt mean a thing, its still thrown lol.
                Ryan Davis
                Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Working...
                X