Clear All

• WN Adds Flights to 44 City Pairs Including MSY

Beginning Nov. 12, 2005

New Orleans Service:
    • Two new MSY-DAL nonstops
    • Two new MSY-BNA nonstops
    • Two new MSY-MCO nonstops
    • Two new MSY-TPA nonstops
    • One additional MSY-HOU nonstop (previously announced)

Other New Service:
    • One new LAS-OKC nonstop
    • One new LAS-PVD nonstop
    • One additional LAS-GEG nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional LAS-STL nonstop (for a total of two)

Beginning Feb. 5, 2006
    • One additional ABQ-HOU nonstop (for a total of three)
    • One additional ABQ-OAK nonstop (for a total of three)
    • One additional AUS-BNA nonstop (for a total of three)
    • One additional AUS-SAN nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional BHM-MCO nonstop (for a total of two)
    • Two additional BUR-OAK nonstops (for a total of 16)
    • One additional MDW-PHL nonstop (for a total of eight)
    • One additional MDW-SMF nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional FLL-HOU nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional HOU-PHL nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional HOU-TPA nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional IND-MCI nonstop (for a total of two)
    • Two additional ISP-MDW nonstops (for a total of seven)
    • One additional JAX-PHL nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional JAX-TPA nonstop (for a total of three)
    • One additional MCI-SAN nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional MCI-STL nonstop (for a total of six)
    • One additional MCI-TPA nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional LAS-PHL nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional LAS-TUS nonstop (for a total of six)
    • One additional BNA-FLL nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional BNA-JAX nonstop (for a total of four)
    • One additional BNA-LAS nonstop (for a total of four)
    • One additional BNA-MCO nonstop (for a total of five)
    • One additional BNA-SAT nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional BNA-TPA nonstop (for a total of five)
    • Two additional OAK-SAN nonstop (for a total of 20)
    • One additional OAK-SNA nonstop (for a total of nine)
    • One additional MCO-SAT nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional PHL-PHX nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional PHL-PIT nonstop (for a total of seven)
    • One new SAN-SAT nonstop
    • One additional STL-TPA nonstop (for a total of two)
    • One additional TPA-FLL nonstop (for a total of nine)
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

I am loving those STL flights!!!

However, yeilds and loads were horrendous on the one daily America West Flight (A319) STL-LAS, and AA has two daily 757. Hope this doesn't affect it too much...so we now have 4 daily flights to LAS. Pretty nice.

TPA- No surprise here as well AA recently added another daily STL-TPA MD80 as well, as we now have 4 flights there too.

MCI, a continuation to SAN I am assuming?
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Re:

One new OKC-LAS-OKC n/s eh? Seems like WN has also caught on Oklahoma City's 'Vegas craze. It's the fourth airline to add n/s service between OKC and LAS this year. W/ Champion, Allegiant and America West Express, that will be 16 nonstops a week to LAS from OKC.

Foxtrot

Comment

It is not a suprise that they don't show the numerous flights they are dropping. I know STL loses a flight to MDW, MCO, and two to HOU. So really the additions off set the reductions. MCI loses service to SLC and PVD and a daily to ABQ. I'm sure there is other flight reductions, but I don't feel like looking.

Comment

Ive lost a lot of repect for WN. They have become one of the biggest hypocrits in the industry. IE PHL, etc and then in a release the CEO said, capacity needs to decrease and thats what everyone needs to do, then he turns around and says they will be expanding 11%. This on top of other stuff... well you get the idea. Sounds to me like they now have a big head that everyone but them needs to drop capacity so that they can expand even though thats what the industry (domestic wise) doesnt need.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            Ive lost a lot of repect for WN. They have become one of the biggest hypocrits in the industry. IE PHL, etc and then in a release the CEO said, capacity needs to decrease and thats what everyone needs to do, then he turns around and says they will be expanding 11%. This on top of other stuff... well you get the idea. Sounds to me like they now have a big head that everyone but them needs to drop capacity so that they can expand even though thats what the industry (domestic wise) doesnt need.
            Did you ever have respect for Southwest? haha

Originally posted by stl1326
            It is not a suprise that they don't show the numerous flights they are dropping. I know STL loses a flight to MDW, MCO, and two to HOU. So really the additions off set the reductions. MCI loses service to SLC and PVD and a daily to ABQ. I'm sure there is other flight reductions, but I don't feel like looking.
            I don't think any airline announces the cutback, unless its severe like downgrading of a hub etc etc.

So we are actually at 61 daily flights now? We actually lost more then we gained. Grrr..

Alex
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
              Did you ever have respect for Southwest? haha

I don't think any airline announces the cutback, unless its severe like downgrading of a hub etc etc.

So we are actually at 61 daily flights now? We actually lost more then we gained. Grrr..

Alex
              I know that is my point. They make it seem like there adding so many frequencies, but in reality it isn't that much at all. We will be at 63 daily.

Comment

Re:

I'm surprised WN added a flight to/from OKC. Seems like it just doesn't want to add anything at the airport here. And don't start on pax traffic or anything, almost all WN flights to/from OKC are packed these days.

Foxtrot

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                  I guess when having to choose between a missed opportunity and being hypocritical, they chose to be hypoctitical. Can you blame them? Everything WN touches turns to gold these days. They have had a ton of success in their new cities since 9/11, thanks to the planning department. Why should they let B6 or F9 start somewhere and steal an opportunity?

Comment

Re:

I'll agree w/ that. Hopefully, WN also starts a flight between OKC and AUS, or OKC and BNA or brings back the BWI flights, but I doubt BWI service will be re-instated.

Foxtrot

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                      I'll agree w/ that. Hopefully, WN also starts a flight between OKC and AUS, or OKC and BNA or brings back the BWI flights, but I doubt BWI service will be re-instated.

Foxtrot
                      That surprises me, no OKC to AUS direct - even thru DAL.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                        That surprises me, no OKC to AUS direct - even thru DAL.
                        Actually there is a direct flight via DAL both ways. But there is traffic for a n/s. Hopefully, with the Dell call centers that are being built here, that will provide that much more traffic to get WN's attention (though it should start a daily nonstop even w/o it). Great Plains Airlines had n/s's when it was in business and all flights went packed, and most of the time they were overbooked.

Foxtrot

Comment

I don't have the numbers or anything, but it seems like WN's PIT ops aren't expanding as fast as originally planned... I may be wrong, like I said, because I don't have the numbers in front of me. I always notice their gates are packed with people and I do have a rough idea of the passenger numbers and they're fairly high.

Comment

Originally posted by scramjet
                            I don't have the numbers or anything, but it seems like WN's PIT ops aren't expanding as fast as originally planned... I may be wrong, like I said, because I don't have the numbers in front of me. I always notice their gates are packed with people and I do have a rough idea of the passenger numbers and they're fairly high.
                            I don't know what the original plan was, but it was never meant to be big like PHL or BWI.

Comment

Working...
                            X