Images.
    F-22

F-15
    F-15
    38.89%
    F-22
    61.11%
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

With out getting into any techinally stuff, The f22 wont be seen on radar so first shot will likely be from the raptor, but you never know.

Comment

both are sexy airplanes. I hate to choose, but its gotta be the F-22
      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

There was actually a war games excercise in Nevada in which 2 USAF F-22s shot down 20 or so USAF F-15s.
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          There was actually a war games excercise in Nevada in which 2 USAF F-22s shot down 20 or so USAF F-15s.
          Was that during Red Flag?

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            Wow! I hope it will hapen in a real air combat. And they probally will run out of missiles if in a real air combar situation.

Comment

Isn't F-22 supposed to be the replacement of F-15?

A better comparison would be with Su-37.
              Next:
              None Planned

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                Isn't F-22 supposed to be the replacement of F-15?

A better comparison would be with Su-37.
                Correct the F22 will replace the F15's, and i believe this will be starting soon

Comment

it's already stated at Langley VA, The 1st FW has 8 Raptors, which were out at Hill AFB for Excercise Hammer.

Having just come back from the Nellis Airshow and watching the East Coast F-15 demo's from Langley, and then seeing what the Raptor did in his short flight after the Heritage flight, the Raptor will be the new king of the skies!

Comment

Good photo Dave, you should upload it to JP.Net. The F-22 is a fine bird, the looks, technology and uniqe kill record (training, let see how many enemy fighter they will shot down in a real air combat). There is no Su-37 actually. Russia has an upgraded Mig-29 disignated Mig-35. I don't know how many did they have.

Comment

I just talked to a Marine F-18 driver out of Dobbins which is near where the Raptors are produced. He was telling me of an exercise where 2 Raptors shot down 8 F-15's before the Eagles ever picked them up on radar.

Not sure if it's that Hammer exercise or something different on the East Coast between Langley's Eagles and their new Raptors.

Comment

whichever one I'm at the controls of, that's the better one

Comment

F-15 has more soul to me. Ok thats weird, i better get some sleep.

Comment

Emu Joke

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            whichever one I'm at the controls of, that's the better one
                            How can you control a fighter jet when you can't even get off the ground yourself
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Nostalgic

The F-15 looks better to me...

But then... the F-4 looks better than the F-15!

Can't we just have a worldwide agreement and have everyone go back to their old planes? Say the US goes back to the F-4, the Russians to the MiG-21 and MiG-23, the Brits to the Lightening and the Swedes to the Draken.... wouldnt we spotters be that much happier?

Comment

Working...
                              X