AirTran Advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirTran Advertisement

I was amused to see AirTrans' ad on their catering truck, crew bus, and even fuel truck! I believe it is a good idea to make use of their equipment for this purpose. What do you think?

I took these pics last December 23, 2005 in Atlanta while waiting for my connecting flight to Newark.

CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW MY CONTRIBUTIONS AT JETPHOTOS.NET:

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=6799

Thats pretty clever, any other airlines do that?
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Oooh Southwest has some competition for their witty marketing! Ingenious!
      Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Hmm, I can see a pretty large gap at FL marketing between cheesy (Destination - Low Fares) and really witty (speeding tickets).
        OT: How much do speeding tickets costs in the US? So far, I've only had to pay €15, and if FL can indeed offer fares below €15, including taxes, I'll drop Delta asap .

Comment

Here in my area, it is 75 dollars starting, thenfor every 5 miles we are over the speed limit they add 5 dollars, so minimum is 75 dollars, since SWA flies to STL and FL doesn't SWA still offers fares UNDER 75 one way out of STL, FL can honestly say some of the fares ARE lower then a speeding ticket.

Alex
          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
            Here in my area, it is 75 dollars starting, thenfor every 5 miles we are over the speed limit they add 5 dollars, so minimum is 75 dollars, since SWA flies to STL and FL doesn't SWA still offers fares UNDER 75 one way out of STL, FL can honestly say some of the fares ARE lower then a speeding ticket.

Alex
            Speeding tickets start at 75$? Damn, for that I could go 25mph over the speed limit here in Germany .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Speeding tickets start at 75$? Damn, for that I could go 25mph over the speed limit here in Germany .
              Just in my area, some are up to starting at 100 dollars, some are low as 55, but for my area, the FL Advertisement IS true.

Alex
              Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

You lucky B*****! When I went 76/40 I had to pay a $120 ticket to the County I speeded in then an extra $400 to NYS!!!! 36MPH over for $520!! WTF!!!!

Anyways that is nice marketing, pretty funny. I would however thought SWA would have come up with that first.

Comment

in Missouri, you can often bargain your way out of any violations against your traffic record. tickets start at the $70 range and then go up depending on how much you are needing to keep it off of your record.

of course, some lawyers are really in touch with a lot of prosecutors and the traffic courts in the area, so if you pay some of them a flat fee for the entire year, about $1000 or so, then the traffic laws just simply don't apply to you for the year.

but in other observations, i like the ads. first pictures ive seen of them.

Comment

This is a follow-up to my post last February 2005.

Last week, I was again at Atlanta airport and noticed this bus of AIRTRAN. It is quite unique in color, and the writings on it is what caught my attention.

Comment

LoL....

Kuya, I like the advertisements. Are these regulars at ATL ?
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the ads. Certainly an original idea that people must notice when they are at the airport, waiting for their flights.

On the speeding ticket issue, Oregon recently passed a law that a speeding ticket for doing 100MPH or more is an automatic $1,000 fine. Most any plane ticket is cheaper than that!!!
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

(QUOTE) Kuya, I like the advertisements. Are these regulars at ATL ?[/QUOTE]

John, Yes, these are regulars at ATL. They are a form of "entertainment" in a way, as you see them from the waiting lounge specially if it is your first time to see these buses.

Rommel

Comment

Excellent, thanks for allowing me in having a good time. More seriously, they were smart to think of in enlisting the otherwise unnoticed service vehicle as communication vectors. A truck driving around with a catchy message is probably worth lots of billboards, which can't move and can't be renewed on instant notice. They may also win in term of costs in keeping the vehicles in good conditions.Good find, well done.
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Delta's employee buses have the "Wavy Gravy" on part of them and the logo for the sports teams in Atlanta they have sponsorships with.

AirTran only started put these ads on their buses in the last few years. Up until a couple of years ago, they had hired a company to operate their employee buses. They moved it in house and that's when the ads started to appear on the buses since only AirTran employees ride these buses (Other airline employees that park in the same lot as AirTran have a different bus service.). The ads on the catering trucks started to appear when they replaced the huge ancient ones they had been using since the Valujet days (and they were pretty old then, as on some of them you could see where the old Marriott letters were originally on the sides of the trucks, and Marriott's catering division was bought out by SkyChef a number of years ago.) with the ones based on a beltloader chassis.

It took them a number of years before they even started putting AirTran logos on the outside of the jetways.

Comment

Working...
                              X