What was abandoned airport name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was abandoned airport name?

I just browsing Google earth map at DFW airport. I was looking for any planes approach or taking off to and from DFW airport. I just moving south of runway 36L/R. There was an abandoned part of runway and taxiway just north of highway. Highway south of complex building where used be airfield area many years ago. I wonder if DFW was built new airport in 1970's that time airport must be shutdown because of too close each other airports due app/tkoff conflict. Anybody who know what was name of airport used to?

It is interesting to see that old airport there.

Here:

Thanks,

Stuart

That would be the former Greater Southwest Airport. More on it can be found here:

Comment

That's cool! I've lived in Dallas almost 5 years and I've never heard about that.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

No surprise. If you read the article about it, you realise that officials don't want you to know of that airport's previous existence .

Comment

Thank you DAL767-400ER for this information. Wow! What an amazing old airliners served GSW! A lot of DC3, DC6, DC7. That's pretty cool. I just flew over to 36R last November. I can't see underneath me. I didn't realized until today I found it.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
          X