awkward approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awkward approach

I was watching the radar at Newark and saw this erj make an awkward approach. Im suprised that the tower didnt let it land on 4R. Must of flown pretty close to the ports as well as that bridge. Probally scared the passengers a bit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I dont know, seems like it was approven to land on the 11-29 runway ???
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Eh, if the weather is nice enough you dont always have to be lined up on the runway miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        Eh, if the weather is nice enough you dont always have to be lined up on the runway miles away.
        Maybe it was an aborted approach, and got a rapid change approven permit to land on 11-29..

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Maybe it was an aborted approach, and got a rapid change approven permit to land on 11-29..
          Possible, but I'd say they were planning on approaching that way. Whenever you do an approach in an airliner you need to brief the approach, even if its a visual. This takes a couple minutes and I doubt the pilots would risk making the approach unstable by going rapidly from a missed approah to a landing on another runway. Not saying that's not what happened, just probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            Possible, but I'd say they were planning on approaching that way. Whenever you do an approach in an airliner you need to brief the approach, even if its a visual. This takes a couple minutes and I doubt the pilots would risk making the approach unstable by going rapidly from a missed approah to a landing on another runway. Not saying that's not what happened, just probably not.
            Maybe so. Im not saying the airliner is handling that moment, maybe the Tower approved them to instead of making a go around, they could land on that particular runway ? Yes ofcourse your thinking makes more sense than mine ! But what are the odds that you see this happen, small plane or medium, not many times I presume !!! ???

Comment

That looks like a pretty standard close-in approach to 29 at EWR to me..
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                That looks like a pretty standard close-in approach to 29 at EWR to me..
                How many times do this occur (Approaching over the bay and do a left hand turn towards -29... ???

Comment

A) I thought they fly in from the north to land on 29.

B) If you can see, The second plane for langing is doing a go around or it is landing on the same runway as that ERJ.

EDIT I second that. The ERJ wasnt as close to 4R as that other plane which im trying to Identify

ERJ=BTA2882

2nd Aircraft is A319=NW 198**

**disappeared off the radar before landing
                  Last edited by c0ex; 2006-02-28, 06:02. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by c0ex
                    If you can see, The second (A319) plane for langing is doing a go around or it is landing on the same runway as that ERJ.
                    Not likely it ! Since it is a much larger aircraft than the ERJ, I dont think it'll do the same left hand turn, thats quite a scray turn for a A319, although the aircraft (aircraft) could easily pull it off just like the ERJ.

Whats up with the go-arounds, Could something had blocked the runway? I can see the A319 must have been atleast 1000ft away from the runway till it decided to follow the ERJ ?

Comment

Working...
                    X