Most amazing thing you've seen/done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most amazing thing you've seen/done

Whats the amazing/coolest or special/privlaged thing youve seen or done in aviation?

Most Amazing and coolest

Watching a TS 757 spool up and it ingesting the water from the ground in one solid vertical stream

Swimming in the pool in HNL and watching all the planes depart off of 8R and seeing a QF 743 climbing high and fast and banking out twords the open Pacific

Special and Privlaged.

Being able to fly on the AC A340-500

Being able to tour the ramp at YHZ with a friend and the airport, and going with my father
    -Kevin

Seeing aircraft routinely create mini-tornados during engine spool-up on a rain-soaked HAM apron (mainly 757s and 737s). Nothing huge, but still fascinating to watch
    Standing atop the ATL parking garage and watch planes land under the golden sun, especially the 777 in the Soaring Spirit livery.
    Getting to sit in a Thunderbird when I was young (age 5-7, somewhere in that range), and seeing many other military planes up close at Maxwell AFB.
    Going to the Hamburg Airport classics and seeing planes like the Electra, DC-2, DC-3, JU-52 and many others.

Comment

seeing water spool into the engine is routine, but Ill remeber it for a long time because it was the first time when I saw it.
      -Kevin

Comment

It is routine, but I still find it fascinating to watch, especially when a CRJ or even a Learjet produces them .

Comment

I'v seen
          all sorts of planes refueling well they are flying above my house.

watching four F-15's fly just feet above my house in formation well landing at RDU.

Seeing a V-22 osprey landing at RDU.

I'v done
          Going inside a C-5 and a C-17.

piloting a F-18 flight simulator.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Being on the flt deck of a DC8-73F diverting from Oran Algeria to Algiers to make an emergency landing with hydraulic failure.

Sitting in the grass along side the runway in LHR watching the acft land and take-off including 2 Concordes (one landing, one taking off).

Comment

becoming a commercial pilot and (more recently) a flight instructor

Flying around Japan in a C152

Comment

Recently flying a commercial DC3 flight with Buffalo Airways from YZF - YHY certainly ranks up there. Having an airline where the ticket agent / gate attendant / co-pilot / steward / baggage handler / mechanic (I'm assuming given his coveralls and grease under the nails when serving coffee) is the same guy was pretty neat. Laminated boarding passes that you don't keep was interesting, lol.

Flying into Kiev's Borspiel (sp?) airport in 2004 was an interesting experience too given the large number of what I'll call 'foreign to me' aircraft sitting around that I was able to see.
                ________
                Cumshot Blonde
                Aeroplan Elite / *A Gold

Next Flights:

Jan 6th YZF-YEG-YYC-YYZ
                Jan 7th YYZ-YEG-YZF

TBC Jan 14th YZF-YEG-YOW
                TBC Jan 17th YOW-YEG-YZF

Jan 23rd YZF-YEG-YOW-YHZ-YQX
                Jan 27th YQX-YYT-YYZ-FRA-BUD
                Feb 13th LBJ-FRA-YYZ-YOW
                Feb 17th YOW-YEG
                Feb 18th YEG-YZF

Comment

done: glider aerobatics, flight aboard a Twotter with floats operating on water, jumpseat ride in a 752...
                  seen: The ordinary INN approach is often discribed as spectacular by visitors. Although I am used to it, it is still fun to watch.
                  Swiss Air Force high altitude training between the mointains using MGs. (Axalp)
                  Or how about a pair of Su-27s buzzing above your head at 120 feet with full burner?
                  greetings,
                  Philip

Comment

Done:
                    -Getting the rare oppertuinty to cross over SFO at midfield at 1400' in a Cessna while a UA 763 and Cathy Pacific Cargo 744 took off right under us on the 28's. This was on my first flight lesson as well.
                    -Having been able to have flown on the 722, 742, DC-10, and most of all, the 732.

Seen:
                    -Aircraft landing on the 1's at SFO
                    -A close encounter with a UA 772 in mid air over the San Mateo bridge, I got a great photo.
                    -Everything that I used to see in the 90's, I think about those airlines all the time(Western Pacific, RenoAir, Canadian, Vanguard, TowerAir, ect.)
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Most Amazing
                      I think it has to be standing behind a B747-400 at full takeoff power in St.Maarten, words can't describe....

Special & Privileged
                      Probably having the privilege to spend two weeks in Air Traffic Control at Manchester Airport for my work experience back in my school days. It was a fantastic two weeks, I really enjoyed it. So much better than I expected it to be!

Dale

Comment

My most amazing moment was watching Bluebonnet Belle (a DC-3) gracefully take off and turn gently to the west in the late afternoon while on an extended final. That left both me and my instructor speechless.

Comment

Flying Highlights.

Going solo for the first time in a C152 at 17years of age, wicked!
                          Chasing rainbows following an awsome aerobatics session in an AS202 Bravo.
                          Skimming the cloudtops at night, full moon, on my first night solo in a P34 Seneca.

Being part of a complex 3engine Ferry flight to get a 747 back from the middle east.
                          Operating my companies first ever commercial flight into LCY!! Absolutely incredible responsibility with all the press and management on board especially as I had only just checked out on type a few weeks before. Good job I enjoy "big game" pressure.

Photography highlights, turning down a massive lingerie photo shoot and getting some pictures on JetPhotos in the same week!!!!!!

Last edited by thecloudbuster; 2006-04-21, 14:13.

Comment

When I was in 4th Grade (198 we went to London on British Caledonian Airways. My brother and I got to watch the sun rise from the cockpit of a DC-10 over the Atlantic!

Also, approaching HNL on a UA 777 was amazing.

Flying over the rim of the Grand Canyon on WN...
                            [photoid=5653159]
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I saw one of the most amazing things yesterday. It was raining and I was in the car at a stop sign on my street. I hear a shrieking behind me and I look up and see one of the Blue Angels turning really tight, maybe 4-500 feet over my neighborhood with HUGE vortices streaming off the wingtips.

Comment

Working...
                              X