Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating airlines at MNL.

Why doesn't BA no longer flies to MNL ?

Is it right that only KLM~AF and Lufthansa is the only european operators there at MNL. :rolleyes:

Atleast I think its still good that PAL has good contacts with the Middle East Airlines, I guess this is only where they are booming because of these OFW's apart from its neighboring countries.

Manila is waiting.
    lol

Free gates to the first that "gets" here.

New Terminal

The new ultra-modern and bigger Terminal 3 was supposed to be opened at June 2005 last year The opening was delayed for 3 years. It has 28 gates (18 contact gates and 10 remote parking stands).
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Originally posted by MaxPower
    The new ultra-modern and bigger Terminal 3 was supposed to be opened at June 2005 last year The opening was delayed for 3 years. It has 28 gates (18 contact gates and 10 remote parking stands).
    If it doesnt open real soon.. It will turn into a shopping center once CRK develops.. SO, if there are any MNL executives in this forum or reading this forum.. better open T3
    -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
    EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
    NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
    NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
    NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
    NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Why doesn't BA no longer flies to MNL ?

Is it right that only KLM~AF and Lufthansa is the only european operators there at MNL. :rolleyes:

Atleast I think its still good that PAL has good contacts with the Middle East Airlines, I guess this is only where they are booming because of these OFW's apart from its neighboring countries.

Manila is waiting.
      lol

Free gates to the first that "gets" here.

New Terminal

BA stopped flying to Manila a long time ago - theres no money in it, compared to the more profitable HK-UK routes. Anyone looking to fly UK-Manila would be better off with a large choice of indirect flights - Singapore via Changi, Emirates via Dubai, Gulf via Bahrain, Qatar via Doha, etc, etc.
      “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
      Confucius

Comment

Well I used to fly with BA in the mid 90's late 90's. But suddenly they just vanished from the schedules. Ignorant or not, I thought BA's flights were good at this section. How they did this discretely pulled away from MNL is a mystery. Or is it.

Comment

i think BA disappeared just about the same time PR stopped flying Euro trips..

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
          NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
          NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
          NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
          NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
            i think BA disappeared just about the same time PR stopped flying Euro trips..
            About the same time it cancels all the 5th rights flights to MNL, SEL and TPE beyond HKG.

Apparently, there are only a few passengers flying BA from LHR to those 3 places via HKG. HKG itself is very lucrative. I have flown on BA on both HKG-SEL and HKG-TPE. Pretty sure that 99% of those on board are passengers buying extremely cheap tickets (me included) flying between HKG and SEL/TPE. So there's really no point flying the extensions for BA.
            Next:
            None Planned

Comment

Manila is a joke because of all the corruption and stuff..... I did loads of spotting there in the 90's when my father lived there. I flew HKG - Manila on CX, PR, EK, BA and CP (CP was the worst carrier I've EVER FLOWN!!) Also operation was 8L, AF and PX.

Now in 2006 its CX, 5J and PR. SV JUST started once weekly and PX are going to start service again nexet week

Comment

Originally posted by hkgspotter1
                Manila is a joke because of all the corruption and stuff..... I did loads of spotting there in the 90's when my father lived there. I flew HKG - Manila on CX, PR, EK, BA and CP (CP was the worst carrier I've EVER FLOWN!!) Also operation was 8L, AF and PX.

Now in 2006 its CX, 5J and PR. SV JUST started once weekly and PX are going to start service again nexet week
                Can't disagree on that one.

Comment

Can't disagree on that one.
                  Ditto, if it weren't for those corrupt politicians, RP would be an economic "Tiger" of Asia.. Its airport wouldn't look so bad.. It looks more of a bus terminal in Manila, agree John?, than an airport..

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                  NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                  NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                  NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                  NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Ditto, if it weren't for those corrupt politicians, RP would be an economic "Tiger" of Asia.. Its airport wouldn't look so bad.. It looks more of a bus terminal in Manila, agree John?, than an airport..
                    Well the Manila airport have had its glories. Too bad it all changed after 15-20 years after. And now what do we got ? PH really just have to do something about this. The MNL airport is so outdated. Although it still has around 9 more years before the New Airport at CRK probably opens. I can't say I will miss this airport just like the way I did with Kai Tak Airport.

Comment

Out of the AF-KL group, I read Air France stepped away in favour of KLM as with Jakarta.

Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

AF and KLM question in MNL ..

Originally posted by uy707
                        Out of the AF-KL group, I read Air France stepped away in favour of KLM as with Jakarta.

Alain
                        Mr. Did AF stepped away from MNL after or before it merged together with KL ?

Its still nice to see these two "loyal" european airlines though.

KLM and Lufthansa.

Comment

PIA were to return to MNL in April but didnt get rights Manila-Tokyo sector so they dropped the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
                            PIA were to return to MNL in April but didnt get rights Manila-Tokyo sector so they dropped the plan.
                            I hope one day both sides gets the negotiations up and runnnig again soon.

I wonder what made PIA drop PH to begin with ? The reason is unthinkable as I thought Pakistan and the Philippines had good connections together like it had with India, noh ?

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
                              when did PIA drop MNL? I remember seeing their B747 in MNL boarding for a flight to Tokyo......................back in 2001.

If it doesnt open real soon.. It will turn into a shopping center once CRK develops.. SO, if there are any MNL executives in this forum or reading this forum.. better open T3
                              yeah i read about that too. and CRK is A380 ready!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diosdad...tional_Airport

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Working...
                              X