Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi Airways gets its 2nd 767-200

Hi all,

I just flew back from Jordan last friday and noticed an Iraqi Airways 767-200 (ex Air Canada) plane parked outside the main terminal. However, when I noticed the registration, it was J2-K**. The 1st 767 they got has a registration of 9L-LFF. Could this the same plane or is it new?

I don't know what routes they are using their 767s on but maybe some new International routes could be announced soon.....???

Here is a pic the 1st 767 they got:

[photoid=505703]

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

What configuration will these be with ? All economy ?

Congrats to Iraqi Airways for their purchase.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

This can be a re-registration ! Most aircrafts in similar case and still operational follow this path
      - a first rego in either Liberia (EL-) or Sierra Leone (9L-)
      - things quickly turn instable there for a variety of reasons even though the aircrafts actually don't fly there on a single time
      - re-registration in either Djibouti (J2-) or Ecuatorial Guinea (3J-), or now Kyrghistan (EX-)

Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
        This can be a re-registration ! Most aircrafts in similar case and still operational follow this path
        - a first rego in either Liberia (EL-) or Sierra Leone (9L-)
        - things quickly turn instable there for a variety of reasons even though the aircrafts actually don't fly there on a single time
        - re-registration in either Djibouti (J2-) or Ecuatorial Guinea (3J-), or now Kyrghistan (EX-)

Alain
        Thanks for clearing that up...It sounds like that its a re-registration of the aircraft.

Another question in that case, why don't they go back to registering the aircraft to YI-XXX.

Ps. Is there a webstite which show which registrations correspond to to which countries?

Another thing...I do know Iraqi Airways were supposed to get 2 767s but the second one is not due till late 2007. The aircraft order is still security pending.

Comment

It's J2-KCN, msn 22526 and is a re-registration of 9L-LFF.

Rgds
          RJP
          View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

^Hahaha good question, my ideas
            The aircraft does not belong yet to Iraqi which leads to legal ownership
            The real owner accept letting IA to operate his/her "precious" 767, but wants retaining the possibility of recovering at anytime his/her asset in cases of
            aggravating uncertainities at Bagdad forcing the asap ferry of the aircraft OUT
            default of payment
            seizure of the aircraft for one reason or another
            List goes on.

Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Irajaw
              Thanks for clearing that up...It sounds like that its a re-registration of the aircraft.

Another question in that case, why don't they go back to registering the aircraft to YI-XXX.

Ps. Is there a webstite which show which registrations correspond to to which countries?

Another thing...I do know Iraqi Airways were supposed to get 2 767s but the second one is not due till late 2007. The aircraft order is still security pending.
              yes there is:

http://www.lionflyinggroup.com/Planning/icao_codes.htm

what will Iraqi do with B767's anyway? Wouldn't the better option to do is get B737/A320 a/c, even ERJ/CRJ?

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Originally posted by aca_srbija
                what will Iraqi do with B767's anyway?
                fly them?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  fly them?
                  to where and for whom? At the moment, i don't see the need for such an a/c.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

fly them?
                    thanks Emu for posting this one
                    my idea below
                    To
                    Dubai or Sharjah
                    Amman on peak and strategic times
                    points in Europe, especially where the most active building contractors are based
                    points in China and South Korea, for similar reasons as Europe, fly back and forth the contractor's workers to location
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by aca_srbija
                      Well, that a/c was used for the government for a while for offical trips made by the PM and president. However, a friend of mine who work for Iraqi Airways says they plan to use the plane for Amman, as that flight is going out every day fully booked and has been doing so for months, both Y and F class.

However, there are plans to use the plane to fly Basra to LHR. This wont start till mid to late 2007. Iraqi Airways are negotiating for slots.

Comment

The only Iraqi B767 (J2-KCN) is stored at Amman since about a half year (or more) along with a B727-200 (YI-AGR, no titels) and a B737-200 (full colors, no registration, perhaps 9L-LEG) near the Terminal.

In the scrapping area of Amman are the following Iraqi aircrafts stored: B707-300 (YI-AGE, YI-AGF) and B727-200 (YI-AGK, YI-AGL, YI-AGQ). In the maintenance area is also the B727-200 (YI-AGS) in storage.
                        It's all about aviation in Switzerland and Europe!

CH-Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Irajaw
                          Well, that a/c was used for the government for a while for offical trips made by the PM and president. However, a friend of mine who work for Iraqi Airways says they plan to use the plane for Amman, as that flight is going out every day fully booked and has been doing so for months, both Y and F class.

However, there are plans to use the plane to fly Basra to LHR. This wont start till mid to late 2007. Iraqi Airways are negotiating for slots.
                          sounds reasonable then.

Does Iraqi have Baghdad-LHR flights?

JAT - More than flying

Comment

They may have "dormant" rights dating back to 1990 and waiting for a right opportunity for undusting and reactivation.
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                            X