The Final End of Pan Am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Final End of Pan Am?

It sure looks like it. They have pulled out of Sanford, Florida and shut ddown their routes to Puerto Rico. They now now only operate from a handful of places mostly using JetStreams with the exception being 727 service to Tunica from Atlanta. If you go to www.panamservices.com, you will see they they are selling 5 727s as well as other misc. equipment. If you have a spare $1.425 million, you too could the proud owner of a 727!

I highly doubt that this is because they are getting newer aircraft and more likely in response to the FAA denying their request to fly other aircraft. The Sanford pullout is pretty surprising as that was pretty lucrative for them at least in terms of getting case, not a profit! Stay tuned!

You must mean that Guilford airline or whatever it is. Pan Am went out years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
      You must mean that Guilford airline or whatever it is. Pan Am went out years ago.
      Yes, Guilford. They own the name and trademarks. Interestingly, Guilford changed its name to Pan Am Railways (no kidding) and uses the trademark globe on some of its railway cars.

Comment

Would love to finally see the Pan Am name put to rest, but this reincarnation, number 3/4 btw, has already "died" twice, and Guilford still kept going.

Comment

The PanAm brand has been living on a life-support machine for a while now, regardless of whether they're the original owners of the name or not, PanAm is still PanAm, and it's time to let them die quietly.
          DTVAirport

Comment

Here comes a name with use by multiple type of operators !!!!
            We had an academy, now we get a FBO, a ralways company...
            Next could be a shipping line, which would be much more appropriate than the railways unless it stretches tracks from Alaska to Tierra-del-Fuego
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I agree, let the noble name die in peace.

Comment

hmm.... no. It's back in 2011.

1. they start cargo runns with... B727
                2. they start passenger runns with ????
                please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
                  hmm.... no. It's back in 2011.

1. they start cargo runns with... B727
                  2. they start passenger runns with ????
                  Yes because Pan Am is like the bad guy in a film that just wont die. Still if its coming back i hope it will stick around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                    Yes because Pan Am is like the bad guy in a film that just wont die.
                    Or like herpes.

Comment

A second rate upstart company is planning to use the full Pan American Airways title by setting up a freight airline in some small Texas town, they have a lousy website and livery, really old fashioned but totally different logo, the only thing Pan Am about it is the the font used for the name.

I think the only way the original Pan Am brand will survive if resurected again is if some well established carrier rebrands itself by adopting PA identity ideally a freight or charter company like World Airways, Kalitta and North American.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
                        I think the only way the original Pan Am brand will survive if resurected again is if some well established carrier rebrands itself by adopting PA identity ideally a freight or charter company like World Airways, Kalitta and North American.
                        I cannot see a well-established existing carrier (especially one with good brand and name recognition) rebranding to Pan American, a name associated in its last 20 years with poor service, poor operational and financial performance, legacy airline mismanagement and a not too stellar safety record.

Comment

The three carriers I named freight and charter, seem like second rate companies who could do with the Pan Am brand which atleast is recognised, makes for a great ID and livery, by well established I meant financially as in they are not in risk of going bust, and not branding or sevice standards wise, any day I would dish out a couple of millions to rebrand to PA if I was owner of one of those companies.

Comment

The golden age is dead. It's pretty much cattle car and a little better cattle car. It used to be special and now, hardly more than a long bus ride.

Piedmont, now that, that was an airline.

A real manly man's airline.
                            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

I am optimistic!!!

I hope that this time it will NOT go bankrupt or something similar!
                              It will operate long time!

be optimistic!
                              please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

Working...
                              X