AVOD on KLM's 737-900?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVOD on KLM's 737-900?????????

As some may already reckon, there is a website called air review (ww.airreview.com) where you may be able to check out quality standards, FF schemes, Service Schemes, and Fleet services.

While navigating through this page, in KLM's part, I read the following which I quote:

"KLM 737-900s on flights to the middle east (such as Amman) feature a 737 with video on demand, so you can stop and start films when you want. This almost makes up for being cooped up on such a tiny aircraft for what is in effect a long-haul flight."

It is really strange that a 737-900 has AVOD, isn't it? I mean, is this even real??
    I don't know what you guys can tell me about it, has anybody tried this route and can confirm this?

Any info would be appreciated.

LX

this seams odd to me, iirc the KLM 737's don't even have drop down screens, let alone an entire AVOD installation

Comment

Originally posted by LXA330
      "KLM 737-900s on flights to the middle east (such as Amman) feature a 737 with video on demandLX
      I have flown KLM to Amman twice in the past year, both times were 737-800s and the flight was as boring as hell....no IFE whats so ever (thank god for my ipod)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Irajaw
        I have flown KLM to Amman twice in the past year, both times were 737-800s and the flight was as boring as hell....no IFE whats so ever (thank god for my ipod)!!!!
        How long was the flights ? If you think that is hell ?

Edit: Try flying with Lufthansa in Economy class for up to 13-14 hours. It's one of the largest airlines that still doesn't offer PTV's in Y class. And it svcks if you are sitting way back on the acft. If I got a bad seat, I just entertain myself writing the flight trip report. lol

Btw the Drop Down screens isn't the biggest ones as well. I guess an airline can't satisfy every single passenger. (And Im not talkng about me complaining at all)
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          How long was the flights ? If you think that is hell ?

Well, to be fair, it was only 4.5 hours long. But without any form of IFE made the flight a lot longer that. I flew LHR - AMS - AMM.

However, the flight on the way there was empty (I can understand why KLM are dropping AMM), so I took a whole row of seats and put my ipod on.

Comment

Originally posted by sab319
            this seams odd to me, iirc the KLM 737's don't even have drop down screens, let alone an entire AVOD installation
            Only the -300s and -400s. The 737NGs have drop-down screens, as they are standard on all deliveries.

Comment

The first 737 with personal screens has just been delivered to Jet Airways, it is very unlikely that a KLM aircraft already had them, let alone AVOD!

Comment

I wonder if this could be a service that was contracted out like the Privatair service KLM has from AMS-IAH? Maybe that might be the AVOD system they were talking about....
                O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Only the -300s and -400s. The 737NGs have drop-down screens, as they are standard on all deliveries.
                  Are you sure about that? I have been on 6 different 737-800s from KLM's fleet and not one had a drop down screen....? I am not sure about the -900s, never been on one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Irajaw
                    Are you sure about that? I have been on 6 different 737-800s from KLM's fleet and not one had a drop down screen....? I am not sure about the -900s, never been on one of those.
                    Definitely. As said, they are standard on the 737NG. Unless of course KLM are extremely cheap bAstards and chose to actually forego standard equipment to save a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      The 737NGs have drop-down screens, as they are standard on all deliveries.
                      So are you saying WN is removing the screens or just doing a good job of hiding them?
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
                        So are you saying WN is removing the screens or just doing a good job of hiding them?
                        Nah, I'm putting them in the "cheap bAstards" category with KLM .

Comment

a lot of airlines don't have screens on-board their 737NG's, so I think it's still an (frequently taken) option

Comment

Projector is getting old.

Westjet have PTV

Comment

No projector's/Drop down TVs on KLM's 737NGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X