Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flyglobespan to start Stansted-Toronto service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyglobespan to start Stansted-Toronto service!

East of England newlyweds will have a direct path to the famous honeymooning destination of Niagara Falls when low-fares airline, flyglobespan, launches its daily service to Toronto, Canada.

The new service will make flyglobespan the third airline to operate a daily transatlantic route from London Stansted following the launch of two New York City connections at the end of last year.

flyglobespan will offer three fare bands: Economy, Economy Premier Service Upgrade and Business Class. With Economy Premier Service Upgrade prices starting at £144 including taxes and Business at £204 including taxes, the company expects a high demand on upgraded seats.

Nick Barton, business development and planning director for Stansted Airport, said: “Our long-haul networks are growing at a tremendous pace and the arrival of Toronto will further enhance our transatlantic connections. The airline has had great success with its services from here to Athens and Tenerife and I’m sure the new link to Toronto will prove just as popular.”

The service will be the second connection between Stansted and Canada in recent years, following Zoom Airlines 2004 summer service to Vancouver, which it later dropped in favour of a single route from London Gatwick Airport.

flyglobespan’s parent company, the Globespan Group has over 30 years experience working in the Canadian travel market. flyglobespan chairman, Tom Dalrymple, said: “Canada was the foundation that we built the Globespan name on and I have been very keen to get the airline flying Canadian routes.

“We know the market very well over there. That knowledge, allied to flyglobespan’s ability to offer the most competitive fares will give us a very good all round product that I am sure will go well with our customers.

“I am sure, too, that our customers will appreciate the benefits of flying into Toronto’s Hamilton International airport. It is in a superb location for Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ontario’s main tourist attractions and has a great reputation for processing passengers quickly and efficiently saving time overall on both arrival and departure.

“There are very strong links between the UK and Canada and we look forward to a lot of activity on what I am sure will prove to be a very popular route.

“In addition to our growing short-haul programme, this will be our first daily long-haul service from Stansted. I think the local people appreciate the type of service we are bringing to their doorstep and I look forward to their continuing support.

“We will also be bringing tourism and significant business traffic into the airport which can only be good for the area.”

As well as the Stansted programme, the airline will fly daily from both Glasgow and Manchester from next May and will also have weekly flights from Edinburgh, Birmingham, Newcastle, Doncaster’s Robin Hood Airport, Exeter, Belfast and Liverpool’s Jonh Lennon International.

http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/news...ticle_id=10921
    Well good for them! That's great news. Just the other day I was looking at some pics of their planes and was like "WHOA, that is an amazing c/s!". What is their service like? Anyone here ever flown them?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

It's true Stansted has some room for development.
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Surprised they'd do this route from STN, given that their main focus normally lies on Scotland, not London.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
        Surprised they'd do this route from STN, given that their main focus normally lies on Scotland, not London.
        They are also flying to Hamilton Ontario starting next spring.

Flyglobespan will make three flights daily from Hamilton, Ont., to London, Manchester and Glasgow, as well as Dublin, Shannon, Belfast, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Exeter, Birmingham, Doncaster and Liverpool. The airline will alternate destinations on a rotating schedule.

“We are very pleased to be making this good news announcement for consumers and tourism throughout Ontario,” Richard Koroscil, president and CEO of the John C. Munro International Airport, said in a release issued Friday.

The Scotland-based airline will become the airport’s first provider of scheduled overseas service.

Flyglobespan is a subsidiary of the Globespan Group and began offering flights in April 2002.

Comment

I'm going to Cape Town Business Class from MAN in Nov with them.
          2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Originally posted by Manc
            I'm going to Cape Town Business Class from MAN in Nov with them.
            Be sure to do a trip report. I would love to know what it is like to fly with them.
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

It doesn't seem its price is particularly cheap though. Just about the same price as Zoom.
              Next:
              None Planned

Comment

They are going to Hamilton. That is not Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  They are going to Hamilton. That is not Toronto.
                  Ryanair would have called that Toronto.

And flyglobespan's website does call it "Toronto Hamilton" (reminds me of Frankfurt Hahn...)
                  Next:
                  None Planned

Comment

Wait until the Brits get off the acft and think they are in YYZ. They will want to see the CN Tower and they will as they come down off the Hamilton Mountain as it is some 50 miles away over the lake.

Next they will be calling it "Toronto Peterborough" because we are only 141 km away.

Comment

No, they will be flying to Pearson with the 763 (From Glasgow). The rest are 757 service to Hamilton.

Comment

I was looking to book to Hamilton some time next year, was going to do LHR - YUL - YHM with AC, if this is cheaper then I will book it.

But, since it might be a 757....I might be put off from that, and the website says you have to pre-purchase your meal.......???

Comment

Working...
                        X