Another A380 Delay Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uy707
    Better pile up delays than getting underperforming aircrafts, once again let me remind you all the 747 started the hard way back in 1970...to the extent it almost killed Boeing off. (Last to leave is kindly requested to switch off the lights ....)
    Alain
    I agree. I rather see them delay two or three times and get it right, then rush to deliver the planes and have a bunch of incidents because things weren't checked out properly, which in the end would cost the airlines and Airbus more. Just look at all of what happened with the A320 when it first came out... seems to me like they are trying to avoid that with the A380.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
      Yet the 747 was developed without computer aid.
      Admittingly, but they were surely aware of underpowering when pushing the P&Ws during trial flights. Furthermore, Boeing
      -had the possibility to monitor how Lockheed was faring when the C.5 was undergoing her development flights.
      -could have memorized the lesson dating back to 1933/34 when Douglas developped and ultimately came up with the near perfect DC.2 also without computer help, but blueprints of the unlucky Boeing 247 pinned on walls with the mention "make it better"
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
      X